Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Use a single "+" in the header to create a new record dependant upon the 'TAB' currently open

This topic is 3752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have one layout with 3 'Tabs' - Client, Contacts, Achievements. For context, a client can have many contacts (portals used here) and likewise with Achievements. Each of these 3 'Tabs' has a separate layout to create a new record. This is all to be used on an iPad so if anyone has any better ideas I'd be really interested to know your thoughts.

I would like to use one '+' button in the HEADER, as opposed to a button on each 'Tab', to add a new record which would go to a specific layout to create the new record. I can't seem to find a script that will give me the 'NAME' of the 'Tab' which I could then have a GoToLayout function.

So if I were viewing the Client 'Tab' by clicking the '+' button it would navigate to the layout to enter new 'Client' details and if I were viewing the Contacts 'Tab' by clicking the '+' button it would navigate to the layout to enter a new 'Contact' details.

Thanks

Zab

the functions you are looking for is called "LayoutObjectNames(fileName;layoutName)" and returns a list of the names of all named objects on layoutName in fileName, separated by carriage returns.

the script could look like this:

p.s. of course, you must name the tabs accordingly ;o)

So if I were viewing the Client 'Tab' by clicking the '+' button it would navigate to the layout to enter new 'Client' details and if I were viewing the Contacts 'Tab' by clicking the '+' button it would navigate to the layout to enter a new 'Contact' details.

You can use the GetLayoutObjectAttribute() function,  in conjunction with the isFrontPanel attribute, to determine which panel is currently the viewed one (you need to test the panels one by one).

Alternatively, you could store the viewed panel in a variable, using a script triggered OnTabSwitch and the Get(TriggerCurrentTabPanel) function. Then have the + script consult the variable before deciding on the target layout.

the functions you are looking for is called "LayoutObjectNames(fileName;layoutName)" and returns a list of the names of all named objects on layoutName in fileName, separated by carriage returns.

I think you are testing whether an object exists - not if it is currently the front tab panel.

I think you are testing whether an object exists - not if it is currently the front tab panel.

heck, you are right… sometimes i shouldn't answer topics in between (my work) ;-))

using "GetLayoutObjectAttribute" is the correct function to determine which tab is visible…

Hi Pixi!

Thanks for your help. I'm afraid I have a few very newbie questions. I don't understand 'oList', 'param' and can I add this script as a perform script under the button setup?

I've added a few screen shops to show what I've tried.

Thank you

Zab

post-109188-0-77243100-1390411941_thumb.

post-109188-0-55607600-1390411946_thumb.

This topic is 3752 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.