Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Restricted data sets

This topic is 3746 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I didn't see a forum for security, which struck me as odd, but thought this might be the next best forum..

I have users logging into a solution where, once logged in, they have access only to specific records. More specifically, the can view records that belong to the same division as they user. I have the security working fine, but what I don't like is that users, upon logging in, will see a list of records which contain both records they can see and records marked with <No Access>. What's the best way to filter out the records they don't have access to? Since they don't need to know that those records even exist, I'd just like to filter them out but I'm not sure of the best way to do that. Any ideas would be welcome.

Performing any kind of find will automatically omit <No Access> records. So you could make a bogus find, such as find * in an ID field, part of your startup script. Make sure your users can't call Show All Records, as this is practically the only way they can "discover" the other set.

I didn't see a forum for security

It's securely hidden under the title of "FileMaker Security Management":

http://fmforums.com/forum/forum/101-filemaker-security-management/

This topic is 3746 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.