Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Sliders and implementing buttons for them.

This topic is 3730 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am a bit disappointed by the implementation of the menus in the sliders. What is to my liking are the embossed buttons I've seen on some implementations from the starter solution. But I have yet to manage to keep the menu or should I say a button, a series of buttons, when one of them stays illuminated changes colour when you're in the appropriate slider pane. The best I have managed is to use a small different colour line underneath them, close to what OS X does with the dock. But this is less than ideal. Having said that I think it's quite possible that it can be done but I have not figured out how to do it. 

• 2 weeks later...

This post might have warranted a separate thread, but anyway, I 'll take it up here.

I kinda solved and not solved my own problem here. These are the options one has, imho, when it comes to adding buttons for sliders. (To be sure a buttons (plural) item is sorely missing from fm, one where you can specify button no and properties and have them be attached to a slider via certain options...and of course extend properly with layout changes)

a. Buttons on top of slider (outside the sliders frame), pinpoint current slider panel/menu item via a horizontal line that goes in every different slider window on top and just under the menu. The downside to this is that on layout change this goes awry if you don't tweak it at various layout sizes, which is too much work imho. 

b. Buttons on top of slider (inside the sliders frame), pinpoint current slider panel/menu item via having a different colour or "pressed") for the current pane in every slider pane. Downside to it, when you actually slide it, the menu slides along, not nice design wise to look at, and that you have to repeat it in every pane and align the menus perfectly. That's how it's implemented in the starter solutions. 

c. I 've not actually managed to implement this. But in theory one can have the buttons on top and outside (thus a one time thing, not something you have to replicate in every pane) and use hiding to hide the appropriate colour button and show the right one if a pane in the slider is the front one. So you actually have one button on top of the other, hiding the one you should every time. Seems quite straight forward, but it's not worked for me yet.

This topic is 3730 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.