grid of images

This topic is 8206 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

This is probably simple. I've got a db of images, and I want to put a list of them up on a search-results page. To use space better, I want the list to be a grid (ie, say five images wide) rather than a strictly vertical list. I can get this to work in preview mode, but not in browse mode. What am I missing?

Relationships...

I just got done implementing a photo database, that generates a "index" type layout that can contain up to 42 images on the screen.

You need to create a relationship for each image.

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Ocean West ]

Each image should have a unique number perferably sequentially numbered 001-002-003,etc..

Create a key field that is in this case the roll number and the image number.

Field:

Roll Number & Image Number

ABC234001

ABC234002

Then you will need 42 global fields, through script set each global field to what image should be in the relationship.

Then you need 42 relationships that match each of the 42 globals to the key field.

On the layout create a 1 row portal for each of the 42 relationships

in each of the portals add the related image field.

The reason why I use the portal is beacuse in our case playing around with indexes and globals I can hide certain images.

But if that is not part of your design you may not need the portal, that is up to you...

Kurt: Your solution sound simpler. Can you elaborate a bit? Sorry to sound a bit like an idiot, but I've got the flu, and haven't been able to think straight for days.

-Thanks

Since I do not have any idea how your data is organized, I will just give you an example. Create a calculated field or some kind of auto-entered calculation which assigns them a "column" value, one for each column. Then setup the relationships based upon that field.

Basically you just need to create some kind of organization for the columns.

This topic is 8206 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.