Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Relationships via Calculation match field 3 tables

This topic is 3671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have 3 Tables

In a short way it looks like:

Objekt                                           ADDR                                        HOUSE

ID_ADDRESS                               ID_ADDR                                    ID_HOUSE

Name                                            Name (street or region)

Relationships:     Objekt::ID_ADDRESS=ADDR::ID_ADDR                         Objekt::ID_ADDRESS=HOUSE::ID_HOUSE

Objekt::Name=ADDR::Name

Objekt::ID_ADDRESS=

Case (
not IsEmpty ( Objekt::Name ) ; ADDR::ID_ADDR;
 )

Relationships:     Objekt::ID_ADDRESS=ADDR::ID_ADDR                         Objekt::ID_ADDRESS=HOUSE::ID_HOUSE

Objekt::Name=ADDR::Name

I am afraid this makes very little sense. Why don't you take a step back and explain what things these tables are supposed to track, and what are the real-life relationships between these things?

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ipb1xrhmrw3z6nf/PKCoYI0taO

There are 3 files

My database is TestFias

FiasAddr - Region and street

FiasHouses - House Number for streets

In TestFias

ChooseRegion Москва

Street Тверская ул

And I need to choose a house from a list, from FiasHouse, but it doesn't happen.

Objekt::ID_ADDRESS is a calculated field? That doesn't seem right.

yes, it is

AOLEVEL: 1-regions; 3-districts; 4 - cities....

Thank you, but the problem is that, there 3 tables. And every record must have Regions, than you choose district, city, and then street.

But you can choose Region, district will be empty, and you can choose city, street. There are will be different list of streets. 

And than you choose houses numbers.

I don't know how create relationships without matching by calculation field.

Why it's not right to use calculated fields in relationships?

There is a difference between a field that is "unstored" (and cannot be indexed) and one that can be. A field which cannot be indexed (FileMaker will tell you so), can be used in a Relationship, but only as the "from" side; it cannot be on the "to" side of a relationship. Any field (including calculations) which can be indexed can be on either side.

There is a difference between a field that is "unstored" (and cannot be indexed) and one that can be. A field which cannot be indexed (FileMaker will tell you so), can be used in a Relationship, but only as the "from" side; it cannot be on the "to" side of a relationship. Any field (including calculations) which can be indexed can be on either side.

Thanks a lot, now I'm understanding how it works.

Thank you, but the problem is that, there 3 tables.

It makes no difference, the principle is still the same: you make a selection and use an auxiliary relationship based on that selection to show the matching records for the next selection.

And every record must have Regions, than you choose district, city, and then street.

But you can choose Region, district will be empty, and you can choose city, street.

That's possible only if a city "knows" its region, in addition to (or instead of) its district. "Knows" in this context means a stored field - not an unstored calculation.

There are will be different list of streets. 

Not sure what that means.

This topic is 3671 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.