General Menu Lockout

This topic is 8179 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I sugguest that you put a layout on each file, that says "this is a support database no user interface is supported." or something to that effect. Then when you navigate between files the last thing you do is to swithc to this layout turn of the status bar and lock it. This way if a user opens a window they have no way to access anyting.

>I'm a corporate developer and I have a workflow solution I've been >creating. I have created my own logon and password system to control the parts of the program that users can access. I have 2 passwords that are used in every database (one general user and one administrator). The program opens with the general user password automatically then ueach user logs on from there.

This is a highly unsecure design. However, as for the "Window" menu, you can remove or disable it by using SecureFM from New Millennium:

http://www.newmillennium.com

HTH

Old Advance Man

OK - Here goes...

I'm a corporate developer and I have a workflow solution I've been creating. I have created my own logon and password system to control the parts of the program that users can access. I have 2 passwords that are used in every database (one general user and one administrator). The program opens with the general user password automatically then ueach user logs on from there.

Anyway, I have a lot of verification scripts that run to make sure needed information is entered before leaving a part of the program. The problem I have is that I cannot lock out the Window menu on Filemaker's general menu options at the top. A couple of the advanced users found that they can go around my programming by skipping to a different database this way and bypass the checks. So tickets are started, never completed and when the user realizes this, they remove the "incriminating" evidence, and we have garbage left.

I just need to lock the one menu item, not all of them.

Any help on this would be great. crazy.gif" border="0

Steven B

This topic is 8179 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.