Showing Search Values in a field on results page

This topic is 8328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

I have a search page with 5 different criterias (one of them is a popup).

On the results page, I want to show these values in Text Fields (& 1 popup field). However, the SetCookie, -Token (beyond -Token.0) don't take up the values, and the FMP-FindFieldItem does not let me specify the value into fields so that the user can modify the search.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards

Partha crazy.gif" border="0

Had tried that. What that gives me is the values of that specific field(s) from the first record of the current found set, instead of what I typed in for searching.

e.g., if I search for "pep" in the brand field, it returns Pepsi on the Search Results page as that is the value of the brand field in the first record that my search criteria found.

quote:

Originally posted by Partha Dasgupta:

Had tried that. What that gives me is the values of that specific field(s) from the first record of the current found set, instead of what I typed in for searching.

Did you specify error layout? If the search is unsuccessful you will end up on first record. Is that the case?

Yes, my error page is the same as my search page, where I show an error on top of the search form with an If statement.

The search is going through, and showing me the records in the range I asked for on the Search Results page.

However, it shows me data from the first record if I use the search parameter fields.

When I use FMP-FindValueItem, it shows the right information. Unfortunately this is not in the fields, so I can't save the search parameters, or help the user search again on a variation of the same parameters.

Just regaring the error page: in my experience (mainly FMP4) if the error page is returned, Web Companion does not return ther first record, it returns NONE. Not even global field values are accessible.

This topic is 8328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.