restoring records with sync operations.

This topic is 3570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I think i know the answer to this but wanted to make this entry.

Had a client accidentally delete a parent customer record, and since all cascade deletes are disabled on the graph none of the related records were deleted.

I downloaded a backup and then isolated the record that was deleted and imported it back into the main hosted version - and also made sure that I updated the record so that the modification time stamp was current. 

However since this table is doing a bi-directional sync I think trying to restore and time it just right is tricky because when someone syncs the iPad the record again gets deleted from the hosted system. 

I suspect the best approach is to time it just right where everyone syncs the iPads then I restore the record - and then instruct them to download a new clone so that all records are properly synced. 

Hi Stephen - the first time the sync runs on the client after the record has been deleted, it will go ahead and try to delete that record on the server. However, it should not repeatedly try to delete it. Therefore, it should be safe to restore that record onto the server after the first time that the client has been deleted.

If it seems like the client keeps trying to re-delete the same record, that sounds like a bug. If that happens, go to http://yourserveraddress/MirrorSync and click the 'report a bug' button, which will send me the detailed log file. Be sure to include detailed information about the primary key of the record that is being incorrectly re-deleted.

This topic is 3570 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.