Server Maintenance This Week. ×

date range search not working

This topic is 3546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi

When I use the All units button (which uses the all units script) it doesn't use the date ranges I put in. It does however use the date ranges on the other two report buttons where the script is pretty much identical. just links to a different layout pretty much

I cannot see why it is not allowing the date range on the all units button.

Any help on spotting my error is much appreciated.

thanks

sarah

Crowd Breakdown step 3 getting all unit script to work.fmp12.zip

Did you run your script through Debugger and Data Viewer?

The only error I noticed was a 101 = Record is missing.

However, I did notice that the dates looked to be backwards. i.e. the most current date was set first and the older date being set second.

The problem I found was trying to follow what you were trying to get, but since you wrote the script you should be able to follow your logic.

HTH

Lee

Hi Lee

Alas I didn't write it someone else did, I was trying to tweak it to work for that button script trigger... I just looked at the dates, in the script it has from first then to second. If you mean when you click on the button where ti shows the dates I had put in it goes from June to Aug, I might look back to front as we do our eta sand month in opposite order to you over here.

I am trying to get the script to show data between two date ranges. under each date it needs to show the info for each unit for that date. Does that make sense??

thanks

When I use the All units button (which uses the all units script

It doesn't; it uses a script called “Shorter all units script”, which does not perform any date range (or other) searches.

btw, looking at the ”All Units Script“ itself, I suspect there's something wrong with your data structure … 

Sometimes it is better to write your own script. That way you can follow your own logic and not rely on somebody else’s that could be flawed or after a different result.

Why don’t you write out what you’re trying to accomplish step by step and see if that doesn’t create the basis of your script.

You have the developer tools and I think you should be running your script using them. That way you can watch what’s your script is doing step-by-step to ensure it’s doing what you want it to do.

Sometimes it is better to write your own script. That way you can follow your own logic and not rely on somebody else’s that could be flawed or after a different result.

Sometimes files are created in a group effort; of course, in that case more than ever, everyone involved should comment their code!

This topic is 3546 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.