Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMP hosting plans.

This topic is 8324 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Do you know any good-reliable FMP-database hosting company with really good hosting prices? the most I checked charge about $50 monthly?!?! far away from normal hosting plan costs (from $5 to $15)!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Filemaker hosting plans cost more due to the limitation of only being able to host 50 databases per server machine.

The cheapest account we offer is our Basic w/Database hosting plan, which runs $40/month (no setup fees), and includes 1 hosted Filemaker 4 or 5 database. You can also save additional cash by paying for multiple months at once, or by taking advantage of our Referral or Reseller discounts.

Please see our site at http://www.pointinspace.com/ for complete pricing and information on our services.

- John

I've been looking for a less-expensive host, too. I have a test version of a little database I've developed which I want to make available to my client to play with via the web. I can't host my own databases, so I looked into renting server space. But my "database" is made up of 5 related FMP files and a number of html files, and even tho the whole thing uses less than 20MB, and even tho it would have less than 10 users [hits] per 24 hours, I would still be charged $200 per month because I have 5 FMP files.

I understand why companies like Points in Space must charge what they do, and I think theirs is a fair price. I just can't afford it.

Anybody have suggestions? Thanks! --Skye

quote:

Originally posted by mexboy:

Do you know any good-reliable FMP-database hosting company with really good hosting prices? the most I checked charge about $50 monthly?!?! far away from normal hosting plan costs (from $5 to $15)
!!!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hate too toot my own horn on my first entry to this forum, but check out WebDudes.com. We've been hosting filemaker files since 1995 and our rates are low.

quote:

Originally posted by Skye Ridley:

I've been looking for a less-expensive host, too. I have a test version of a little database I've developed which I want to make available to my client to play with via the web. I can't host my own databases, so I looked into renting server space. But my "database" is made up of 5 related FMP files and a number of html files, and even tho the whole thing uses less than 20MB, and even tho it would have less than 10 users [hits] per 24 hours, I would still be charged $200 per month because I have 5 FMP files.

I understand why companies like Points in Space must charge what they do, and I think theirs is a fair price. I just can't afford it.

Anybody have suggestions? Thanks! --Skye

Get decent computer and 64/128k leased line and you can host plenty of FM databases.

Yes, I realize that I could do it. But y' know what? I don't want to get into that; I'm so swamped with other work, which I know more about. (The people I know who set up host systems all end up fielding calls & restarting things etc.; sounds like a big pain in the neck!)

There's definitely more to web hosting than just the service.

Server configuration and maintenance, customer service, upgrades, troubleshooting - they all factor in. Once you add up the time all of that would take you, on top of the hardware and connection costs, the price of an external web host may just not look so high after all.

- John

This topic is 8324 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.