Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Only one record up-/downloaded

51m0n

This topic is 3432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear Tim Dietrich,

first of all: Thank you for this awesome little software.

I got following problem:

Only one record is proceeded at a time.

I check with Debug and found out on download all records are processed and downloaded, but only one is afterwards is the mobile database.

Do you have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you in advance,

51m0n

Dear Tim,

always only one record is been up/downloaded (exactly: only one appears in the local/mobile database).

If I delete a record, nothing happens on sync.

It could not be a device/connection problem, because your demo file works properly.

Best regards,

Simon

Simon --

We're starting to run out of options.

Here are just a few additional things that I can think of:

• ES_Exclude - Make sure that this is set properly, otherwise you'll end up excluding records from the sync process.

• ES_UTC_Time - Check to see that values have been set for these.

• ES_Last_Push_UTC_Time and ES_Last_Pull_UTC_Time - Confirm that these have been set properly.

-- Tim

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

You can also get the issue of only one record pushed or pulled if you miss copying the hidden portal when you replicate.

Look on the EasySync_Payloads layout and scroll to the far right off the layout.  There is a portal based upon EASYSYNC_Payload_Details in both mobile and client.  If this portal does not exist, it just overwrites the same record so you only ever get one record.  This portal isn't specifically mentioned - only to copy all objects from the layout and it is easy to miss.   :laugh2:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Newbies

Ack... I'm running into this problem too.

While it appears that EasySync is processing multiple records for syncing, only the last record actually gets commited to the mobile or the host in the pull or push.

I'd appreciate any clues anyone might have!  thx!!!

• Newbies

yep... its in there... i used ctrl + a to select all and did a copy/paste.  I swear!!! 

edit --> HOWEVER!!!  thx to you prompting me... I took a closer look, and realized that I had not been as careful as I thought when I was setting up the EasySync relationshops.  I misspelled the EasySync_Payload_Details table occurrance name.  So when I later copied the EasySync_Payload layout elements from the sample to my database, the ever so important portal could not find the table!!! ...it was showing as "unknown" in the portal.  That was all it was.  Once I fixed the spelling... everything was working properly.

Thx for your help :)

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I created a demo file using Filemaker's sample estimating solution, uploaded the Hosted version to our host and synced a couple of contacts and I am running into the same issues. The second of the 2 new records is synced but not the first. And if I make changes to the 2nd record, I get a 504 error.

I am wondering if this could be something to do with our Filemaker host.

If anyone wants to try my demo files, let me know. 

:-)

Doug

This topic is 3432 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.