Interesting FMP dilema!

This topic is 8319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Well here is what I am facing!

I have an extensice HTML form that needs to allow users to post images into my FMP db. I have been working on this for a few weeks, and as far as I can tell FMP cannot handle the input.

The form command I am using is:

<input type="file" name="myFMPfield"> which displays the standard file location dialog when clicked.

I can choose the file, and the correct path appears in the text field but FMP will not accept the input!

Help!!!!

You cannot “submit” images to FM from HTML. Only from Client.

We are submitting pictures to normal web server with URL address.

In FileMaker we are just storing reference to that picture e.g. src="http://www.address.cz/images/[FMP-field: logo, URL]"

Simple and effective.

quote:

Originally posted by esteeves:

Well here is what I am facing!

I have an extensice HTML form that needs to allow users to post images into my FMP db. I have been working on this for a few weeks, and as far as I can tell FMP cannot handle the input.

The form command I am using is:

<input type="file" name="myFMPfield"> which displays the standard file location dialog when clicked.

I can choose the file, and the correct path appears in the text field but FMP will not accept the input!

Help!
!!!

Esteeves,

Check out this topic:

http://www.fmforums.com/ubb/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000086

We had a similar problem for the City of Sacramento. They wanted to upload images to their FM5 db. We wrote a custom program for the client to upload via ftp (although other browser based uploaders would also work). Each hour we run a script on their server to scan records for images that need to be imported and then we import them via an applescript that uses graphic converter to open and copy them and then paste the data into the right field and record. I'm sure better solutions exist but this one works well. Note, they have to upload the name of the image along with the rest of the record's text data before the import can happen.

Jerry

WebDudes

This topic is 8319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.