Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Printing too long invoices in multiple pages

Wardiam

This topic is 2897 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Good evening everybody, 

I am creating an invoice system with 2 tables: the 1st one contains the product lines that are sold and the 2nd one includes the invoices. Both tables are related.

Anyway, I created a layout to print the invoices that has a header for each invoice, a portal where are shown only associated products with each one and footer with the final amount (with VAT included and not).

The problem is that some of those invoices have more than 30 sold products and I don´t get to do a layout that allows printing it in multiple sheets keeping the header and footer. 

I am now doing a new layout, but listing products sold. The problem is  that all products are shown but unfiltered. 

Could anyone help me? 

Thank you very much, 
Wardiam

Hi Comment,

I will try to explain it. For example, if I have 3 invoices with 5 products sold in each one, in the table "invoices" I have three records (one for each invoice) and in the table "line items" I have 15 records in total. In both tables, there is a field "idInvoice" that relates both tables.

I want to print an invoice with only associated products (items). If I do a layout with a portal, I get this result but whenever the number of items does not exceed the size of the portal. The second option that I tried was to replace the portal for a list of items (in list mode) but in this case I don't get to show only the related products to each invoice (I cannot filter the products) and the 15 products are shown.

How could I get to print only the associated items?

Thanks,

Wardiam

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, thijswostyn said:

I have this right now. 
It kind of works, but I can't access the field of the invoice itself.

The invoice fields are not on the layout because you did not put them there.

Put them there.

Put the invoice (parent table) fields on the layout.

Screenshot from converted Comment file.

invoice print setup.png

Edited by BruceR

This topic is 2897 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.