Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Automatically Creating Scripts For fields within Popover

This topic is 3482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Looking for the proper syntax for a script for button that I have created with a Popover.  Once they click on the button it will create the records that they have entered in the field, but first I would like it to check if that record currently exists.  I'm just trying to figure out the proper way to reference the fields along with the lookup and return error if the record exists.

Also I would like to create error checking to see if they click off from the popover the popover will ask do you wish to cancel this record or create and then clear the proper variables or fields when they go in again.

Thanks

Paul

There are several buttons on the main screen once the user logs in.  One of the button has the label create/edit on it and it is a popover button.  It pulls up the fields that have been assigned to it and what I would like to do is when they type in a part number it first checks to see if it exists and if it does tell the user it does not and if it does not exist allow the user to add it.

I would like to a button to this popover screen that they click on to create the record and if they click out of the popover to ask them if they do not want to save the information before it clears the screen.

Thanks

Paul 

This topic is 3482 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.