How do I require a field be completed in a form?

This topic is 8319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Two ways:

1. FMP validation on the field for 'not empty' condition. (define,options, validation) This way is easiest but requires web transactions to and from server for validation - potential bandwidth issue.

2. Javascript validation in the web page. Performed on user machine and transaction only occurs when form has been validated.

There are many ways. You can check fields for not empty with JavaScript.

Or you can make one calculation field which will check all fields to be filled like IF IsEmpty(field) or IF IsEmpty(field2) and then after submit you will check just this one field for OK or NOTOK

Ups, dspires was faster.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Anatoli ]

• Newbies

I have a small demographics (name, address, tel, e-mail, etc.) database on my website that visitors use to obtain various free materials. Right now I periodically check the database for new entries and e-mail the materials requested. I would much rather allow them to download these items from my site but not until they provide all the information in the form. Can someone tell me the procedure for requiring a field be completed prior to accepting a form? Any advice or direction to a source of info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Steve

This topic is 8319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.