Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Curious how many (and which) plugins people have . . . .

mikedr

This topic is 3430 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

For my small legal practice, I'm running Troi's Activator, Dialog, and File plugins, plus 360works' Scribe plugin. Is this considered a lot? Activator I use to schedule scripts by time. Dialog so that I can have dialog boxes populate variables as opposed to fields. File to do text processing. Scribe to do Word and PDF processing.

24U Simple Dialog -> in all my solutions because 'Show Custom Dialog' really sucks.

Troi File plug-in -> in most of my solutions to do file management.

MyFMbutler PrinterSwitch -> to create pdf's in runtimes.

CNS menu -> in all my solutions to make better dropdowns, because 'Calculated Value List' does not exist.

FTPit Pro -> when a solution needs ftp-management

SMTPit Pro -> when a client wants reliable e-mail sending

Question re SMTPit Pro -- how is this more reliable than sending it through FileMaker directly (and specifying an SMTP server)?

A couple of years ago bulk-mailing with FMPro did not send a mail to every user in the list, I could not find a cause at the time and this plug-in (for which I already had a Dev License) solved the problem. Maybe this problem doesn't exist any more.

Other advantages: html format / inline images / multiple attachments / not dependant on a found set / differentiate between to-, cc- and bcc fields

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.