Constraining GTTR Found Set

This topic is 3340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to see if there is a way to perform a find but Constrain the find to a set of Related Records.

Basically, I have a script that has a GTTR script step that I then want to perform constrain found set script step on to give me a sub-set of matching records.  It seems like a fairly simple thing to do however I haven't had any luck constraining the Found Set of records using the Constrain Found Set script step, Perform Find with Omit, etc.

Obviously there are many ways around this however I feel like I'm overlooking a very simple solution to this problem.  Am I missing something?

I do this all the time.

from one layout  GTRR to the related data then perform a find or omit with the script step Constrain Found set.

the result is the sub set of what the GTRR was.

I have had to do this many times because the nature of the solution the field I am constraining on is not indexed so I couldn't use it as a multi predicate relationship - to just do a GTRR.

sometimes if you have several fields that required to be omitted or included in the constrain sometimes its easier to add a calculated flag field in that table. that just is a boolean based on all the fields. then just have that one field be in the constrain.

• Like 1

Well now I feel silly...of course mine wasn't working as expecting, I was entering find mode and then adding an Omit Record script step instead of a Constrain Found set.

This topic is 3340 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.