Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Export CSV with fieldname (label name)

This topic is 3335 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thanks Lee - I have difficulty to use .mer file when I import with third party database which I'm using -  So that, I need CSV file with label name

Why don’t you describe what's not working for you, start by Providing us with what you are trying to do, and what is not working. 

Finally, there is no possibility to add fieldname in CSV file. But you want to know that what I'm working !

Let me tel you - I have only option to send filemaker records as CSV file to dot net team where they can do some programming. Because dot net team are not aware about .mer format and they dont have class files or sample code to extract records from .mer file records.

Hope it make sense.   

+ 1 to Lee

Why don’t you just change the file extension from .mer to .csv?

The other option is to export as csv and write an external script or dot net code to prepend the col names that you want to the csv.

Hi Wim,

Wouldn’t that require a copy of FileMaker?

If they had a copy of FileMaker, why wouldn’t Gurusamy just send them a copy of the file or a Snapshot?

No, it does not require a copy of FM.  I talks directly to FMS...

It's a standard .NET 2.0 DLL file that the .Net guys would include in their project.  The DLL takes care of the communication to FMS and parsing the returned data into a standard .Net DataSet.

Many thanks for response and support.

Actually I will send the CSV file weekly once. not everyday. and Dot net developers have some restriction to import from other files and they want only CSV file. thats the only reason i'm stick with this CSV. anyway, ill look forward to work with dot net team.

This topic is 3335 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.