Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Problem using Go To Object

Noobie

This topic is 3333 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to go to an object on a layer and having some trouble getting it to work as expected.

Here's the relevant part of the script:

post-113095-0-07690300-1426868339_thumb.

Here's where you can see I have the object named appropriately on the same layout:

post-113095-0-26479900-1426868324_thumb.

When I run the script, everything else executes normally, but it doesn't go to the object. I also tried using Go to Field (as can also be seen in the script), but that didn't work either for some reason.

Any thoughts as to what I might look at? Thanks for your help!

Edit: Maybe I'm misunderstanding what Go To Object does. I'm trying to scroll down to where the item appears within the layout. It appears to be highlighting the object, but it isn't scrolling to it. Is there a better way to accomplish this?

The set field script step doesn't need to have the cursor in the field. In fact, the field doesn't even need to be on the layout. I question your goal here. Why script the setting of a field in browse mode and then pause?

I'm building out a job tracker that has individual timers on it. Due to the way it works, it pauses so the timers won't continue. The field is on the layout because it is visible to the user.

I've tried using Go To Field [...], Go To Object [...] as well as Scroll Window [To Selection], but none of them works as I expect. I have plenty of records, so that isn't the issue either. 

Here's screenshots of the layouts, and here's a thorough explanation of what I'm trying to do and why:

I have a time tracker that tracks multiple stages of a job. If a user clicks on one of the [...]TimeElapsed fields, it will take them to a new layout (screenshot 2) and allow them to manually enter a time. They then click Save, and it goes back to the original layout (screenshot 1). The problem is that if they scroll down and click to modify one of the timers lower on the page, when it swaps between layouts it goes back to the top of the layout, and they have to manually scroll down to get to it again. I'm trying to get the window to automatically scroll to the field they're modifying, but I'm not having any luck.

I hope that helps.

post-113095-0-31035000-1427384483_thumb.

post-113095-0-23762300-1427384493_thumb.

This topic is 3333 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.