Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Filemaker won't let me enter setfields correctly

This topic is 3319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

in Filemaker 12 I could enter multiple types of fields with set Field, but in FM13, the menu does not let me enter say

set field schedule::project[ id_project; $ProjectId]

it either demands I create a calculation (and making idproject = $projectid, does NOT work)

and the calculation button stops me with saying " expecting other command "

this is really iritating as I wish to be able to just directly edit scripts without having to go through popups.

So my Question then remains, how do i fix this poor behavior?

set field schedule::project[ id_project; $ProjectId]

As Bruce says, you have something wrong and it looks like you are trying to put the information in the repetition section instead of opening the calculation dialog and putting it there ... indicated by the square brackets after the field name.

Thanks, The pictures helped immensely.

Now, I have a different problem. I want to script an availability system

First, if a person has been selected for an event, they are marked unavailable for events in the same time slot, with an estimated time

Then when a person schedules in advance they are out, the system will date compare against their out and return dates.

Thirdly, I want a script that will Filter out "staff" by their "Crewcode" but the crewcodes are selected from a text field, ie, if my code is YV, and the next person's is JD and another is EB, the Crewlist has JD YV EB. I want it to show every event from the Crewlist,  I know it's a find function, but What formula should i use for the global filter?

This topic is 3319 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.