Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Kiosk mode showing taskbar

devru

This topic is 3320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

For starters, i understand the fact that kiosk mode's role is that to prevent the user from accessing anything other than the program and that is all good and well. Problem is that i would like for some accounts(non admin) to be able to access some programs from windows and also would like to use the advantage that kiosk mode provides and the fact that it looks way cleaner than normal mode. It's extremely hard to teach some persons to work a bit different from what they are used to, so i must come up with a solution to minimizing kiosk mode like i would alt/tab any other program.

I managed to minimize to desktop using shell commands (Using BaseElement plugin and running: BE_ExecuteSystemCommand ( "cmd.exe /c %windir%explorer.exe shell:::{3080F90D-D7AD-11D9-BD98-0000947B0257}" ) or by running a .scf file in which i have written

[shell]

Command=2
IconFile=explorer.exe,3
[Taskbar]

Command=ToggleDesktop) . This gives me access to the desktop, from which i could make shortcuts to anything the respective user would want. But i need to be able to access the task-bar as well. I have given up searching for cli commands to bring up the task-bar, because i'm starting to believe that filemaker restricts this and there might be no workaround). 

I would appreciate if somebody has a solution to this or at least somebody that can 100% confirm that there isn't any way to make this happen. But somehow I'm sure that this has to be a possibility to make the task-bar visible as you can access anything in windows if you run the correct command in cmd, and i imagine if you give the proper parameter(option) it would work even if filemaker would be blocking it.

This topic is 3320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.