Server Maintenance This Week. ×

32-bit Windows version

This topic is 3263 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I see that there is a 32-bit Windows version, but the listed system requirements show a minimum of Win7 SP1.  Wasn't Windows XP the last 32-bit Windows OS?  I'm curious to know if FM14 would install on XP, as my company has several machines which can't be upgraded past XP due to limitations of some legacy software.  (Ugh.)

XP was not the last 32 bit OS. Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 all have 32 bit version. It's just getting harder to find 32-bit hardware. So it's only a matter of time before the only thing available is 64-bit. Which will be a good move forward for Windows.

I'm curious to know if FM14 would install on XP, as my company has several machines which can't be upgraded past XP due to limitations of some legacy software.  (Ugh.)

FM14 does not officially support it - you could try it but that would negate any FMI support if you ever need it.

Working on XP is a dangerous thing too...

It used to be that you could edit one of the config files that went along with the installer to do an unsupported install, but I'm not so sure that works any more.

There are two windows installers for FM14: one 32-bit and one 64-bit.  Did you try the correct version?

​Was that at me, or @Morenomdz?

I tried the 32-bit installer on WinXP, and it looked like it was going to run, but eventually spit out the error in the attached screenshot.

Screenshot.JPG

• Like 1

This topic is 3263 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.