Server Maintenance This Week. ×

This topic is 3196 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

Now if I manually search the date field I can get some record results

ie. */1/2015 (in Australia so 1 is January)

Now I created a script and the calculation puts "*/1/2015" into the date field YET when it gets to "Perform Find [ ]" it returns no records.

Why is there a difference between manually typing it in and searching via a script do you think?

Cheers

If you are trying to find all dates in January, use the ellipsis points for a date range:

1/1/2015...31/1/2105

Hope this helps!

Hey,

Thanks. I tried using that too in my script but nope... Doesn't want to find those records.

I manually type it is still i.e. "1/1/15...31/1/15" and finds the two records.

I just cannot work out what is going on? I have done this tons of times....

Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 1.28.39 pm.png

If you don't show us how those variables are defined, then we can only guess why it doesn't work. Are they even defined in the same script? If not, they are empty.

Also, if you're trying to troubleshoot something, it's best to do so in isolation - so I would remove the search for AircraftID until the main issue is solved.

Another thing you can do is pause the script just before the Perform Find[] step and inspect the criteria entered by the script. Or do Modify Last Find after the script has run to get those criteria back so that you can look at them and compare them to what you enter manually..

• Like 1

A couple more ways to debug:

Make sure the "Date" field is really a date result. (I know...)

Temporarily insert a Show Custom Message [$date1 & "..." & $date2] right before the Enter Find Mode [ ]. This will display what is being passed to FIND. If no values, declare the VARS to global VARS, instead of LOCAL - $$date1 and  $$date2 and adjust your Set Field script.

Wrap the two variables with the GetAsText( ) function: GetAsText($date1) & "..." & GetAsText($date2)

Good luck!

This topic is 3196 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.