Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Screen View changed

This topic is 3173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hey Forum/administrators, am I missing something obvious?  All of a sudden, the topics side of my screen is, to use the technical term, smooshed, and the topics are in very narrow and long descriptions.  The only way to get it to look 'normal' is to zoom out to 75%.  The screenshot shows a border on the left, but it's not visible on my monitor, and there are no scroll bars on the bottom to slide to the right.

I checked in my profile>account settings> theme (at the bottom).  Tried all 3, no luck.  Grid worked the best, but it still leaves me with some pretty wide borders (left and right)

Thanks

Steve

Edit:  forget to mention IE 11

ss2.png

Edited by Steve Martino
additional info

I see this on the Macintosh too.

There is a huge waste of space on the right hand side of the screen that wasn’t there before the new software. When using “View >> Zoom in” it narrows the Body size and increases the Right Hand Boarder. You can make it somewhat tolerable by using the “View >> Zoom Text Only”. This still leaves a lot of the white space for the Right Boarder.

Yes random wackiness.  Sometimes nothing is squished, but only when the right margin is missing (desktop).  Sometimes the margins take up almost a 1/3 of the screen (super squished).  On the iPad, it's always the same in landscape.  Changing the theme makes it render 'correctly' or better, but then the font sizes reduce too small for easy reading..

I haven't really been paying attention to it much really, but a little testing shows the layout changes when the browser window goes smaller than 970 pixels. First screenshot is just below 970 pixels, the second is just over 970 pixels. Looks like set in CSS.

2015-08-18_18_50_33-Program_Manager.thum

2015-08-18_18_52_02-Program_Manager.thum

This topic is 3173 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.