Zulu and Google Calendar

This topic is 3120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I hope Zulu can help me in this project. My department involve in recruiting new staffs for the company. Currently we are using FM 13 to manage all the activities. After we have shortlisted candidates , we create an interview event in FileMaker for a particular manager to conduct the interview. We have about 10 managers. All of them use Google Calendar to record every activities and events in their own Google Calendar . What we like to do is once the event is created in FileMaker for a particular manager, we like these events to sync with the Google Calendar for that manager. So each manager can view his or her own events in Google Calendar. This is the first part. 

The second part is when managers make changes to the FileMaker event in Google Calendar, is it possible for Zulu to update that event in FileMaker ?  

We only want to sync those events created by FileMaker. We are not interested in managers' own personal events created by themselves directly into Google Calendar. 

I hope Zulu can help me to achieve these. Thank you. 

Zulu is able to perform a two-way sync with Google, so events created in FileMaker will be added to Google, and when those events are edited in Google, the changes will be synced back to FileMaker.  There is some documentation on how to set up Zulu and integrate it into your own solution here:

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/zulu

Zulu can also filter which events are synced to which calendar, so you can sync an appointment only to the calendar that belongs to a specific manager.  This is a bit more advanced than standard syncing, so after you have Zulu set up and running, check out how to filter calendars here:

http://docs.360works.com/index.php/Zulu_Multiple_Calendars

Zulu reads data from FileMaker and syncs it with calendars, which is a complicated process.  I advise using the sample file we provide and getting that set up to get a feel for how zulu works before integrating it into your own solution.  Zulu will run, fully-featured, for 2 hours after install in demo mode.  So test this out and make sure it is right for you before purchase.  The best way to get another 2 hours is to run the installer again.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at [email protected] or call at (866) 662-9185

Thanks,

Joe Martin

• 2 weeks later...

Zulu is able to perform a two-way sync with Google, so events created in FileMaker will be added to Google, and when those events are edited in Google, the changes will be synced back to FileMaker. 

Our Zulu has recently stopped syncing events that are created in Google with our FileMaker database. Has Google changed anything with their API that would have broke this?

• 3 weeks later...

Our Zulu has recently stopped syncing events that are created in Google with our FileMaker database. Has Google changed anything with their API that would have broke this?

Is this the official place for Zulu support?

It has been 3 weeks since I posted my support question and no one from 360 Works has replied.

Edited by HALBURN

The official place for Zulu support is our internal support ticket system.  You can open a new ticket by going to the Zulu admin page, and clicking the "Email Log File" link.  This will send in your logs as well.  We will take a look and get back to you as soon as we can.

Thanks for your reply Joe. I will open a ticket if the problem persists after upgrading to the latest version.

If we upgrade from Zulu to Zulu 2 will it break anything with our current FileMaker solution?

You will need to re-publish your calendars, and reconfigure them in the Zulu admin console, as the process for this has changed.

If you want to take advantage of adding attendees to Google events, you will need to map those fields on your field mapping layout, but these are optional.

I would download the demo, and install it as a hosting provider so you can test it out before replacing your production version of Zulu

This topic is 3120 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.