Server Maintenance This Week. ×

VLOOKUP HElp

This topic is 3083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Hello,

I need help creating a VLOOKUP formula for the following situation. I have two tables on sheet. I want a VLOOKUP formula that will compare the data in COlUMN A to the data in COLUMN N. If the data matches exactly, I want measurements (COLUMN O) to be entered into COLUMN G (TABLE 1) and the Weight (COLUMN P) to be entered into Column F (TABLE 1). Can someone help me out with this? Please check out my attachment. 

Thank you!

698798.png

For starters, this is a FileMaker forum. Not an excel forum. :)

With that said, see if this works. ( note in your screen shot it looks like the labels are backwards or the data is in the wrong column ). You will need to adjust the formula based on the size of the tables. You could also convert the "tables" to actual Excel table, then you can reference the table/column name and it will auto adjust as the table grows.

Ship Weight =VLOOKUP(A2,$N$2:$P$7,3,0)

Dimensions =VLOOKUP(A2,$N$2:$P$7,2,0)

Hello ycast and welcome to the FM forms,

I find it unusual that a new member first post post uses an Excel spreadsheet as part of their description :-).

Since you posted this in the custom functions,  by chance, did you look at the two custom functions available at Brian Dunning site? If so, is this what you’re looking for?

Lee

This topic is 3083 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.