Printer only one page

Linesider50

This topic is 2966 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have the number of copies problem on Mac OS X 10.11.3. No matter how many copies I ask it to print it only prints one. This has been consistent through 4 or 5 OS updates and several versions of FileMaker. It does however print the correct number of pages for a given record. My workaround (and I rarely need multiple copies) is to save as PDF and print from another application which DOES print the correct number of copies. So it's not a problem with the printer driver. It seems to be a FileMaker issue.

rick.

Hi Rick,

Are using a Script? If so, see if it has Revert as part of the sprinter settings.

Run your Script using the Debugger and see where it falls apart.

If you are running it using the Cmd + P make sure it has “All” pages selected. 

Lastly, I have ran into a problems with printing PDFs that were downloaded from the web. They will not print anything using the OS printer system, i.e. Cmd P, and if you look at the bottom of the page, the PDF has it’s own print button.

HTH

Lee

That sounds like a bug in El Capitan / FileMaker to me. I haven’t upgraded to El Capitan so I don’t have a way to verify the printer / PDFs. Where are the PDFs being originated? Perhaps it lays there?

Hi Linesider50 and welcome to the FM Forums,

20 hours ago, Linesider50 said:

Using Windows 7 and FileMaker pro7

I don’t think it’s compatible.

Ihttp://help.filemaker.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4701/~/filemaker-pro-operating-system-requirements---all-versions

3 hours ago, Lee Smith said:

That sounds like a bug in El Capitan / FileMaker to me. I haven’t upgraded to El Capitan so I don’t have a way to verify the printer / PDFs. Where are the PDFs being originated? Perhaps it lays there?

Lee, since fm won't print multiple copies (not El Capitan at fault. It's been the same since Lion) I save as pdf to the desktop and open with preview. Prints fine. So it's a FileMaker issue. Like I said, not a big deal in my case.

This topic is 2966 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.