ESS to MAS 90 accounting software problem

This topic is 2943 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I've created a DSN from the server hosting FileMaker Server 12, and using the 64 bit ODBC driver that comes with our accounting package, MAS 90. The connection tests successfully and all seems well with the DSN. It is seen by the solution and added successfully as an external data source. 

But when I attempt to actually add a table from that data source to the table occurrence graph, I get an error that states "The ODBC Data Source you have selected is not supported." Is this just a case of FileMaker and MAS 90 being incompatible, or is there something else I'm missing? Any suggestions?

Thanks 

What is driving the MAS90?   ESS only works with a small supported subset of db backends and even then you have to use the right ODBC driver supported by FM.

Also as a general rule: accounting packages don't like it when you try to read/write from the back-end tables directly; they want you go through their workflow so that their logic can validate the data and put it where it belongs.  You may be better off working with whatever API they have available.

Hello Wim,

Thanks for your reply. The ODBC driver is installed with the software package, and it is read only. If it's not a driver specifically supported by FM, and apparently it's not, I guess that means I'm just out of luck trying to do this. 

This topic is 2943 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.