Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Hide object based on value in portal row

Gilbert13

This topic is 2550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

4 hours ago, Gilbert13 said:

if the field in the initial portal row 4

What exactly does "initial portal row 4" mean? I think "initial" means "first" - so what is the meaning of "4" here?

4 hours ago, Gilbert13 said:

I don't know how to specify the portal row in the calculation

You probably want to use the GetNthRecord() function. Note that this counts the records by their order in the relationship, not in the portal. If your portal is filtered and/or sorted in a different order, then there will be a difference.

I must add that your question raises some red flags regarding your structure. Why do you need numbered fields in the parent table? It seems you are trying to mirror the child data within the parent record, thus defeating the very purpose of having a related child table at all.

Edited by comment

In your test file, portal row #3 is not empty. It is occupied by the third out of four related records. Only the Text field of the record shown in that portal row is empty. As I said earlier, you can tell it's empty because the expression:

IsEmpty ( GetNthRecord ( Child 0::Text ; 3 ) )

evaluates as true. And as I said earlier, there is a big red flag waving over this request.

21 hours ago, comment said:

I must add that your question raises some red flags regarding your structure. Why do you need numbered fields in the parent table?

Gilbert13, Comment asked a question and you never answered him.  If you don't answer our questions, we will be unable to help you properly.  :-)

As a matter of fact, you never responded to Lee either.  You are telling us what you want but not WHY.  What is the reason you want this?  Now you have two questions.  :wink3:

I did not explain myself correctly, thank you all for helping me you all do an excellent job for the FM community.

Comment your suggestion works perfect for what I am trying to do.

This topic is 2550 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.