TobiasViljoen

Scriptmaster 5-0201 won't load FMPA 16 (32bit)

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I seem unable to load Script master in FMPA 16 (32 bit) on Windows 7 32 and on Windows 10 64. My solution must be 32 bit.

Plugin was placed in the extensions folder. There are unknown script steps in it startup script.

Any advice please ?

Scripmaster Error.PNG

Edited by TobiasViljoen
More information

Posted (edited)

I have same issue. Plugin failed to initialize. Problem is also with FileMaker Server 16 on Windows Server 2008 r2.

Edited by tomasd

I am somewhat worried that no-one seems to know the answer. So does Scriptmaster work or not with FMP (A) ?

I see many other posts along the same problem.

I had been knocking my head into a wall a few days, unable to diagnose because of an unrelated server issue that wiped out my 16 environment (Rackspace is NOT what they used to be). As it looks to me, I get EXACTLY the same issue shown above with version 16. I have been trying to compile the plugin on version 15 and it's not buying it. I am on Server 2012 R2,  and also tried on windows 2016 DataCenter (See Screen Shot). 

Windows Server 2012 R2 really does not like these latest versions. The script engine completely crashes on loading the plug in after about 5 minutes. I am guessing some QA person loaded it, saw all was well and did not realize it would die in a few minutes. 

I would not get worried, they have quite a few products and typically they keep them bullet-proof. The only catch to them is the Java dependency can be troublesome.  However, as I understand, they have removed this requirement and perhaps somehow bundled it in.  

ScriptMasterIssue_1.png

Edited by jaylkjr

I use Set  Variable[$$FilePath; Value:SelectFile on my mac and everything seems to work.  (Have not tested runtime yet)

The same file in the same script produces an error in place of 'Value:SelectFile' on my Windows 10 PC.

I think we are just going to have to wait for 360Works to fix it....