Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scriptmaster 5-0201 won't load FMPA 16 (32bit)

This topic is 2356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I seem unable to load Script master in FMPA 16 (32 bit) on Windows 7 32 and on Windows 10 64. My solution must be 32 bit.

Plugin was placed in the extensions folder. There are unknown script steps in it startup script.

Any advice please ?

Scripmaster Error.PNG

Edited by TobiasViljoen
More information

I have same issue. Plugin failed to initialize. Problem is also with FileMaker Server 16 on Windows Server 2008 r2.

Edited by tomasd

I had been knocking my head into a wall a few days, unable to diagnose because of an unrelated server issue that wiped out my 16 environment (Rackspace is NOT what they used to be). As it looks to me, I get EXACTLY the same issue shown above with version 16. I have been trying to compile the plugin on version 15 and it's not buying it. I am on Server 2012 R2,  and also tried on windows 2016 DataCenter (See Screen Shot). 

Windows Server 2012 R2 really does not like these latest versions. The script engine completely crashes on loading the plug in after about 5 minutes. I am guessing some QA person loaded it, saw all was well and did not realize it would die in a few minutes. 

I would not get worried, they have quite a few products and typically they keep them bullet-proof. The only catch to them is the Java dependency can be troublesome.  However, as I understand, they have removed this requirement and perhaps somehow bundled it in.  

ScriptMasterIssue_1.png

Edited by jaylkjr

I use Set  Variable[$$FilePath; Value:SelectFile on my mac and everything seems to work.  (Have not tested runtime yet)

The same file in the same script produces an error in place of 'Value:SelectFile' on my Windows 10 PC.

I think we are just going to have to wait for 360Works to fix it.... 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

We apologize for the lack of response lately in these forums. As you can imagine, we are experiencing an extraordinarily high volume of support issues and have not had as much time to dedicate to the forums as we usually do.  As always, if you are not able to get a response here, please send an email to [email protected] to open an official support case or call our office. We are open Mon-Fri 10AM-6PM EST.

We did push an update of our plugins to our website yesterday that addresses the 32-bit issue reported in this thread. Please download this version and if you continue to have issues, please send us an email or call.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Nope ! Still nothing - Cannot get it to work on a 32 bit windows platform with FMPA 16 (32).

I got it working in FMPA 16 64 on Win 7 64 but it then can't see my ODBC 32's

I have to be on Win 32 platform to be able to talk to Pervasive SQL 10 (Sage Pastel)

So old it only has 32 bit ODBC.

I will try to upload some more screen shots.

Is there something I am missing ?

FYI on the very first try on any old or new fresh machine, there is a download that takes place, but even after that, FMPA 16 (32) just says plugin is not installed.

What is it downloading and where is it going ?

It is istalled off-course. I noticed however that on Win 7 (64) The FMPA 15 (32) installs the plugin into the wrong folder, i.e. Program Files .... not Program Files (X86)

On any platform, the .fmx icon does not seem right, compared to the .fmx64.

Are there any logs I can pull ?

FMPA16 32 on Win 7 64.JPG

FMPA15 32 on Win 7 64.JPG

FMPA15 32 on Win 7 64 (3).JPG

FMPA15 32 on Win 7 64 (2).JPG

On Win 10 32 - Icon not right..PNG

FMPA 16 32 on Win 10 32.PNG

Preparing Plugins Win 10 32 FMPA 16 32.PNG

13 hours ago, TobiasViljoen said:

What is it downloading and where is it going ?

Our plugins are written in Java so while we have removed the requirement for Java to be installed,  a Java runtime environment is still required in order for the code to execute. The download you are seeing is downloading a JRE and saving it at C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre .  The Java is run as an executable and is not installed on the machine. 

With that being said, I believe the issues you are seeing is because the JRE that is getting downloaded is 64-bit. To remedy this,  please download this build of ScriptMaster and install it. Next, delete the "1.8.0_121" folder at C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121.  Next, download this file and extract it. Once extracted, place the “1.8.0_121” folder in place of the one you deleted so that the path is C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121. Please see the attached screen shot to confirm that you have everything in the correct place. Once you have done that, launch FileMaker and check in Edit->Preferences->Plugins that it is checked as enabled. You may need to check it to enable it.

Screen Shot 2017-06-26 at 1.34.43 PM.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the response, I will try that.

Regards

Tobie

Feedback : I am in the process of replacing the 64 bit JRE with 32 bit JRE.

Does this imply that one can only run the one and not the other ?

i.e Script master Only in FMPA 15 and FMPA 16 in 32bit if C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121  contains the 32 JRE

then it won't work in FMPA 15 and FMPA 16 in 64 bit untill C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121 contains the 64 JRE

Will normal Java 32 AND 64 installation be recognised ? and the C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121  be ignored ? (or can be deleted ?)

Now testing.......

I found that renaming old (64) C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121_64

and adding the 32 at C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121

actually worked FMPA 15 /32 opens, FMPA 16/32 opens AND FMPA 16/64 opens.

For a variety of reasons , among which, under certain circumstance Pervasive 10 ODBC masquerades as 64 bit while it is actually 32 bit and the DSN's can only be seen as 64 bit, I need both 32 and 64 bit versions.

It's working, I shall not dig any further, I have an update to get on with.

Thank you, I hope this post helps some-one else too !

Tobie

FMPA 16 32 stopped working again. Back to drawing board.

Final finding :

(SWOPPING THEM OUT,

32bit = C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121  contains the 32 JRE

64bit = C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121 contains the 64 JRE and then ...

Running ScriptMaster 16+.fmp12 from FMS16 (Mac) FileMaker 16 (32 or 64) will fail at first, but one has to to enable the plug-in in preferences every time, 

then re-run Startup Script then it works for either 32 or 64)

Edited by TobiasViljoen
Update : It's working

• 3 months later...
  • Newbies
On 11/8/2017 at 1:38 PM, igservices said:

I'm running FMPA 16.02.205 and ScriptMaster 5.05 in MacOS 10.12.6.

ScriptMaster doesn't retain the activation state from one start of the app to another. It's not totally consistent either.

Any ideas why the activation of the plug-in isn't being retained between app restarts?

it still does not work, even putting the files on the routes;
a question if I did not have the C:\ProgramData\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\1.8.0_121 folder before
I have to create it?

This topic is 2356 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.