show record history on a form layout

jasoneon9

This topic is 2762 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi been stuck on this for days so im thinking it may not be achievable  

i have 2 forms 1 customers the other a buy form

the customers also has a portal showing history of records from the buy form

my problem is we get tired of switching to the customers layout to see peoples history

what im looking for is a way to see history on the same layout same table i know i can see other tables through a portal but cant figure it out that i can see history from the same layout / table

very much appreciate on a pointer in the right direction please

customers.jpg

buy.jpg

On the buy form, you must set the Customer ID - so you could make a portal between two Table Occurrences of the Buy table, based on Customer ID to Customer ID, so the portal shows the buy records for that customer....

thank you think im getting somewhere but still not right i set the portal to customerid and voila it works but it just shows the one record thats currently displaying on left side of buy form twice on 2 rows when there should be 20 or so records

buy2.jpg

It’s NOT that hard provided we have enough information to understand what it is your need is. This was the reason I sent the link to Anatomy of a Good Topic in my Private Message. Reread these Steps, 7, 8 and 9, they spell out some of the information we are looking for from you.

Lee

Thanks lee i did have a read and theres some good points to keep in mind thank you. Webko has been very helpful and im a gnat's whisker in completing my problem.

I just think that in form mode there should be like a table tool like portal tool, only that you could table from its own layout/table, im sure it would make things much easier especially for us novices .

This topic is 2762 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.