Tom2001

One layout refuses to allow input; the rest are fine.

Hi from a relative newbie,

I have a FMP 13 file that works fine on some computers (both Windows and Mac) but on one Mac computer it works only partially. Several of the layouts work fine, but one layout is "frozen" and does not permit entry in any of the fields. Is there something in the Mac OS that could "lock out" a particular layout, but leave all others normally functional? Should I re-install FMP 13? (I'm not sure how to do that on a Mac. I'm mostly a Windows worker.) Any help or insight would be welcome.

Thanks,

Tom

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Arno
      Hi There,
       I’m pretty new with using Filemaker, but still I built a solution that fits pretty all my needs (for now…)
      I’m still experiencing one big problem with my solution for which I would need help.
      Here’s the context : I run a little company. We receive financial reports every quarter.
      All quarterly reports ( Excel file or csv file) have the exact same form.
      I then created a layout based on the table created when importing the csv that works properly.
      My need: as I’m to receive a new financial report on next quarters (Q12018, Q22018, Q32018 etc.), I would like to pull the new data from my Main layout.
      Is there a way of having a layout pull the data from the new table (actually whatever table) to be created each time I’ll be importing a new Financial Report without getting rid of the original data (which I would like to keep in place, for obvious reasons)? Let’s say from a pull down?
      Thank you very much for your help and don’t hesitate to get back to me if my explanations aren’t clear enough.
    • By kolvorok
      I'd get some problems with date formats after installing FMS 15, and I'm trying to solve it by importing to a clone of the original database. But two tables has no layouts and I can't find a way to import these tables without making a layout in the clone or adding a table when importing. The last seems to be the simplest, but how will the relationships behave?
    • By ggt667
      How can I extract content from sub summary layout objects using? https://fmhelp.filemaker.com/help/16/fmp/en/index.html#page/FMP_Help/getlayoutobjectattribute.html
      I'm able to grab the content from the first subsummary, not the remaining however.
      The following:
      set field( output; GetLayoutObjectAttribute( 'header', 'content' ) & GetLayoutObjectAttribute( 'row', 'content' ) & GetLayoutObjectAttribute( 'footer', 'content' ) ) works fine, the bad thing is that only row 1 finds its way to the output-field.

• By Bobby Bradley
      I have a layout for printing on a letterhead and have inserted an image file as the Background Image to serve as the letterhead.  Printing and Save to PDF work as expected, but for the life of me I cannot get the background image to display correctly in Preview mode.
      Not displaying correctly in Preview mode is not terrible except, when the client does a print preview and it doesn't line up, there will be questions...even though it print correctly.
      Basically, it looks like the background image has a pre-determined padding applied to it at the top, but all parts and objects are set to padding 0.
      Has anyone else experienced this?
      Preview mode - letterhead has padding

Printed PDF - the letterhead is up where it should be:

• By rainforestjim
      I'm using some script to direct users to different layouts when the access my database via WebDirect. At the moment all users are directed to one of two layouts using the following 
      #t ( Case ( APP__Application::Type = "Long" ; "Application Detail WEB" ; "Application Detail Rapid WEB" ) )
      What I actually need to happen is that when a "reviewer" logs in they are directed to "Application Detail Review WEB" for everyone else the above code is correct.
      Any help would be much appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.