sgtpeppas

No Audio Scrubber For Interactive Container Field

Here's a quick screenshot...

unnamed.png

As you can see in my floating window I have an interactive container field with an mp3 loaded. Plays fine, but for some reason the audio scrubber isn't displaying. Anyone have any initial thoughts about how to remedy this?

FMP 14.0.6

Happening on two different Macs:

Macbook Pro 2011

El Capitain 10.11.6

2Ghz Intel i7

iMac 2009

El Capitain 10.11.6

2.66Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo

Thanks,

Paul

I can not get this to work either on FMP16. Perhaps no one wants to scrub music in FMP...? I am currently doing a crazy work to resolve this in my solution.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By ddinisco
      I am working with the Content Management template to create music catalog. Using the GetContainerAttribute to load the metadata from an mp3 or m4a works great. However it does not work with .aif or .wav files. These files have exactly the same metadata when imported into iTunes, but FMP does not recognize them. In fact if you convert an aif to an mp3 (from iTunes) then import the mp3 into FMP it works just fine, but the aif imported directly does not. The catalog is going to be a mixture of all four formats, so converting them all is not going to be a workable solution. Does any one have any experience with a workaround to try to extract the metadata? 

Thanks, David
      12 Click Bait (MAIN).mp3
      VH065_12_CLICK_BAIT_(MAIN)_Joseph_Saba,_ASCAP_50_Stewart_Winter,_ASCAP_50.aif
    • By ddinisco
      I don't see anyway to scrub an audio file like an mp4 or 3 when placed into a container field. It works great if the content is a quicktime movie. It also does not display the time of location in the track (i.e. skip to :37).
      Any way to make this work or work around?
      Thanks
      David
    • By jbgrady
      Was hoping FMP Go would be my solution to a relatively simple issue. Wanted to be able to read a script from an FM field and record it into a container. The issue is that the popup window for the audio recording controls is so big, I can't view what it is I'm trying to read. Can this box be minimized, or is there some other solution out there?
    • By samintoronto
      I have a database which has records of audio files which live on our network. One of the fields in the database is the filepath for each audio file. I would like to create a script which will play the audio file which is named in the filepath field.

I do not want to put the the actual audio into a container field as this database has over 40k records and will only get larger.

I have tried the Send Event script step and i have gotten that to open VLC media player or Quicktime (although even that doesnt' seem to want to happen now), but I then have to go back to filemaker and copy the path from the filepath field. Is there a way to automate this whole process without having to go back and manually copy the file path?

It was suggested that I use "Store by reference" when inserting the file into the container field, but I can't get anything to play from that (either by a script or clicking on it).

Another person suggested creating a calculation field which returned the name of the file which had been inserted into the container field, again -- didn't work.

With the Send Event script step, I can get it to open text documents or spreadsheets with no problem. It doesn't seem to work the same for an audio file.

I know i'm probably just missing a few steps. At this point, i'm just at a loss as to what.

A typical path in the filepath field would be something like: d:\library\audio\nature sounds\AP01_01_01.wav
      The filepath field is set up as a text field.
  • Who Viewed the Topic

11 members have viewed this topic:
    Robert Mota Hawks  V!ncent  gczychi  arni  Lee Smith  fillmore  Ron Cates  Fitch  Lola  OlgerDiekstra  rwoods 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.