Input clash on multiple devices. design help please

This topic is 2608 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi All, I am developing a system to produce, among other things, Quotations and Job Cards in a mixed FMP and iOS environment. One to the problems was the lack of support for autocomplete of drop down lists in iOS which I have tried to get round, with the help of this community, by using a filter from a cartesian join relationship. I now find that when more than one person is creating a quote on a mobile device from the hosted file that you may end up with other peoples input in your QuoteItems table for the quote you were creating. Can any one tell me how to change the relationship ,(design), to stop this.

On a desktop system the flow is:

From the Customer - create Quote - Quotation Table

In the Quotation Table use the portal into QuoteItems to select the Department, Product and Quantity

Screen Shot 2017-02-26 at 19.58.26.png

I don't think we have enough information.  The user is on what layout that is based on what TO?

Why do you have the fields circled when they don't play a role in the Quotations to QuoteItems relationship?  I'm assuming that the portal you are talking about is one that is on a layout based on the Quotations TO and that the portal uses the "QuoteItems" TO?

Sorry Wim, I neglected to include the iOS flow. The filtering of both the Product and Department takes place in fields on the Quotations table for iOS, which is where I think the problem stems from. When a filtered selection is made it is then moved to the QuoteItems table. This is the script that is used to select the Product and after Product input takes the user to the Department selection field

Set Variable [ $QuoteId; Value:Quotations::__QuoteId ]

Set Variable [ $ProdName; Value:Prod_QuoteAll::ProdName ]

Go to Layout [ “dLayQuoteItems” (QuoteItems) ]

New Record/Request

Set Field [ QuoteItems::_QuoteId; $QuoteId ]

Set Field [ QuoteItems::ProdName; $ProdName ]

Commit Records/Requests

[ No dialog ]

Set Variable [ $$QuoteItemId; Value:QuoteItems::__QuoteItemId ]

Go to Layout [ “iLayQuote” (Quotations) ]

Set Field [ Quotations::gProdFilter; "" ]

Go to Layout [ “iLayQuoteDeptSelect” (Quotations) ]

Go to Object [ Object Name: "FilterDepartments" ]

Go to Field [ Quotations::gDeptFilter ] [ Select/perform ] 

4 hours ago, Oyseka said:

Sorry Wim, I neglected to include the iOS flow. The filtering of both the Product and Department takes place in fields on the Quotations table for iOS, which is where I think the problem stems from. When a filtered selection is made it is then moved to the QuoteItems table.

Part of the confusion may come from the 'lingo'.  Practically nothing happens in FM on tables.  Things happen on Layouts and layouts are based on Table Occurrences in the graph.  That is how context is derived and context is king.  So when describing your flow, use the layout names or TO names, not table names.

4 hours ago, Oyseka said:

This is the script that is used to select the Product and after Product input takes the user to the Department selection field

At first glance there is nothing horribly wrong with the script although I fail to understand the intent of the last section when you get back to Quotations.

Where physically is the user when this script runs?  In an active portal row of quoteitems on a quotations layout?

When the script commences the user is in the Quotations layout and they only physically  enter the QuoteItems portal on the Quotations layout when both the Product and Department have been selected to select the Qty. The script above is activated by a button, Add Service, which triggers a popover with a selection field (gProdFilter) filtering a portal from the layout Prod_QuoteAll. When the Product has been selected, (the action of the script above), the user is then taken to another layout in the Quotations table (iLayQuoteDeptSelect) to select the department again from a portal from the layout DeptListAll.

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 16.38.14.png

Screen Shot 2017-02-27 at 16.44.06.png

This topic is 2608 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.