Mystries of the pyramid with simple text files.

This topic is 2517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello
I have a simple database with various text files.
I import text folders from TextWrangler , which allows me to manipulate the files very efficiently.
I save the files as UNICODE (UTF-8) and Classic MAC CR which should be CHAR 13 in FMP13Advanced.
I tried to import them all in every possible way including DOS, UTF-16 and everything else the software allows for importing, but the results are always the same.
However if I try to manipulate the text files in my DB for reasons I cannot understand i can't find the CR using the PATTERFIND function, and I am unable to do a few simple tasks on my file.
As I need to save the first line, always endng with a CR to another field, FMP doesnt recognise the CR and I am lost. 
HOWEVER if I copy and paste the very same file from the TEXTWRANGLER page I don't have this problem.
The origianl text files have a mixture of CR and Linefeed which I hope to keep as such. 
In FMP13 they should be CR (char 13) and LINEFEED (chR 10)
Is there a special setting I should use to import from TEXTWRANGLER so FMP13adv would recognize the CRs and the LineFeeds?
Cutting and pasting file by file is time consuming and I always add this problem with these two very good apps.
Regards and thanks 

This topic is 2517 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.