Siva D

Inspector freeze on BROWSE checkbox after update to 16.0.2.205

Posted (edited)

After the latest update 16.0.2.205, Inspector is not working properly on two checkboxes. I see it on Browse and Snap to Grid check boxes. When I click on the checkbox, it won't refresh immediately. I have to switch to other tab and get back. Then only it refreshes. If I continuously click few times, entire Inspector window becomes empty. Sometimes few clicks and sometimes many clicks. Then I have to restart the FileMaker to get back the Inspector.

Another issue happened on 16.0.1 itself was position values are not updating dynamically when I move the objects either by mouse or arrow keys. I have to click outside the object and click again to know the new position.  On V15 and before, it was dynamically updating.

I tried both in-app update and complete re-install. Issue persists.

Inspector 2017-07-14 09-43-44.png

Edited by dsivaa

Figured the issue. Old versions of plugins were causing it. Updated all the plugins of 360 works, Baseelements and MBS to latest version fixed the issue.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Who Viewed the Topic

3 members have viewed this topic:
    muskee  vwgtiturbo  dkey 
  • Similar Content

• By NewBoard
      I have used the combination of ExecuteSQL and ValueCount quite a few times throughout my databases before, with almost no issues. Generally what I will do is set a variable by running an ExecuteSQL, then take a ValueCount of that variable. Then with that ValueCount I will loop through my original ExecuteSQL variable.
      However, I am now trying to do something different with this combination. Instead of using the ValueCount variable for a loop, I'm trying to use it as a Global Variable that will be displayed on the main menu. Here is an example of the code I'm trying to use:
      Set Variable [$source; Value: ExecuteSQL ( "SELECT UUID FROM Inspections WHERE Inspector = ? AND Accepted ≠ Accepted" ; "" ; "" ; $$fullName )] Set Variable [$$accepted; Value: ValueCount ( $source )] The UUID field is, as expected, an auto-entered "Get ( UUID )" field. The Inspection table is a table containing all of our part inspections. Each inspection begins with it's Accepted field having a value of "Rejected", if the correct parameters are met this field will become "Accepted". The Inspector field contains the first and last name of whomever conducted the part inspection. The $$fullName variable is set previously in this same script by comparing the user's Username to a Table that contains all of our user's Usernames and Full Names.
      What I was hoping to do is use a Merge Variable on our main menu that displays our $$accepted variable, showing the user how many unaccepted inspections from that particular user in our database.
      However, it only ever displays a value of "1". One of our users has 6 unaccepted inspections in our database currently, but this script only shows that he has 1.
      I am wondering if you can't use Merge Variables or ExecuteSQL in this way, or if I'm simply missing something obvious.
      Please let me know of any more information I should provide. Thank you for any assistance you may offer!
    • By jaygamel
      for some reason my portal field has stopped showing the scroll bar and will not create new records, but alters the last record, effectively wiping it out. This is hell on the billing, since these are essentially purchase orders. I have scroll checked in the portal layout box, but no joy. When I invoke the inspector, the appearance and position tabs work fine, but EVERYTHING in the data tab is grayed out and I cannot check the scoll bar function there, or any other box. Adding to the mystery, when I duplicated the layout and replaced the portal with a new one, the scoll bar reappears, but as soon as i revert to Browse mode, the layout goes back to the original, dysfunctional layout and portal and WILL NOT allow me to change to the duplicate layout with the working portal (visible scroll bar) (a new name and everything.) I have named the portal as an object on the original layout and invoke it first with my script. basical open object, go to last line, set several fields, etc. no conditional formatting, just filter for latest seven records and sort ascending. Maybe I have to call it something else on the duplicate?
      FMA 11, OSX 11.6. Files too big to post. Menu set to standard.
    • By Brad Mathews
      Is there any way to dock the inspector windows? Trial and error is failing as well as Google searches.
      Thanks,
      Brad
    • By David McQueen
      Finally getting a chance to play with fmp12.

in Inspector, position, I used to have the choice of inches, centimeters or pixels. In fmp12 the default choices are inches, centimeters and what I assume are points.

Are pixels gone?

I am guessing they probably are because of retina displays doubling up on the resolution, but I would like to know for sure.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.