Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Can't Find MirrorSyncUpdater.fmp12

This topic is 2154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

after first sync and everything worked fine. I made a small change and updated the version number and then synced again got the prompt to update but thats when i got the message

• 1 month later...

I may have a solution to the missing MirrorSyncUpdater but, the problem is not completely resolved.  I deleted Filemaker Go and downloaded a new version.  I then downloaded the file from the URL and performed a sync.  I then changed the version number in the server file and performed another sync on the iPad.  The sync worked, it reported a new version was available and then it proceeded to download the new file.  Everything appeared to be working but after a few tries, it failed.  After the URL transfer was complete ( blue progress bar all the way across) the file hung.  The progress bar disappeared and I had the option to "Continue" (on the right side) or, "Previous/next" (on the left side).  Clicking these buttons did nothing.  The little spinning wheel continued to go around but nothing was happening.  I left it for maybe 10 minutes.  It then opened the new file and asked me to put in my credentials.  This may be the reason why I deleted it before - it appeared to be doing nothing. I did this twice and the same thing happened each time.

If one of my clients was doing this he would become rather frustrated and end up doing all sorts of things.  It may be an idea to include a message to say that the file should not be closed and to leave it alone to do its thing??  Warn the user that even though nothing "appears" to be happening, it is doing something.  Tell the client not to click any of the blue buttons and not to close down FileMakerGo.

In the previous version of FilemakerGo the MirrorSyncUpdater file was not showing on the device, nor the recent tab.  I may have deleted it several days back without realising it.

Jesse, you may need to include in your script a check to ensure MirrorSyncUpdater is installed on the iPad.  If not - install it.  I think it would be even safer to hide this file from the user so that he cannot inadvertently delete it.

Another point of note.  When the iPad had completed the download of the new version it opened the newly downloaded file.  On the Mac using Filemaker Pro advanced, it closed the file off and I had to manually open up the new version from the Finder.

This is a great feature and is better than the one I had developed.  Mine worked but, it did not delete the old file and replace it with the new.  I guess I could have done this if I had a bit more time up my sleeve.

• 6 months later...

Any ideas what can cause this?

During my testing of MirrorSync I started to receive an error that the Updater fmp.12 file was missing (which takes you to the container field on the MirrorSync layout, so presumably that is where the Updater file is supposed to be stored?). As I am still in testing I was able to fix the issue by deleting my MirrorSync configuration, and the MirrorSync table, layout, and scripts from my file. Then starting the setup from scratch. Not something I'd want to do once this is in production, but the update feature is working again.

This new feature of MirrorSync 4 is our primary reason for switching to it, but would like to mitigate the risk of this happening once it's in the hands of our users.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

I'm having this issue. I had version 4.0032 installed and I was getting this error message after changing the database version value and hitting ok to download a new copy of the database. I just installed 4.008113 over the top of the previous version, issued a new download link, used that link to get a new version of the file on the iPad, sync'd, then changed the database version value and I still get this message.

Is the updater file just missing from a container field in the MirrorSync table? If so, would it be possible to get this file to put it back in there?

Thanks

I would try redoing your configuration from scratch with the updated version of MirrorSync (including reimporting the MirrorSync table and everything). After I did that with the update I haven't had this issue again.

Thanks for this. Yeah I didn't set up a new configuration after updating to 4.008113, just used the existing one. I was hoping to avoid having to do this and then redistribute the file to the iPads but perhaps that's the next step.

This topic is 2154 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.