Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Slow Field Behavior - Desktop

Wickerman

This topic is 2265 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a few databases I use on my desktop (not a network -- software is on this machines, as are files) -- just FMP solutions running on my new Retina display iMac, running  OSX 10.13.2.  I'm on FMP 15.03.305

Recently, these solutions have become remarkably sluggish for doing simple data entry.  For example, if I click on a field with a drop-down menu based on a simple value-list with just 7 values, the list doesn't instantly appear as in the past -- It's click - beat - list displays - click choice - beat - beat - beat - value enters, tabs to next field (where 'beat' is a say half-second pause and feels like an eternity).  

I guess I could understand if it was a little slow auto-completing based on existing entries and there were hundreds of entries (but in the past even that sort of thing was zippy).

Any suggestions what might be going on?

• 5 weeks later...

Don't know if there's a way to 'bump' a query, but I'm disappointed not to get any replies on this.  The problem is persisting, and if anything getting worse (though it may be I'm just getting fed up).  I'm really mystified by this problems, as they don't seem to have arisen from any fresh development work on my files. Any help?

Hmmmm . . . . I've tried out FMP 16 and the problem persists -- but I think I've discovered at least part of the problem is that I have two charts on the page, and it seems like they are being re-drawn after I enter data in certain fields -- but they aren't fields relevant to calculating any values in the charts.  is there a reason for this, and can i change that behavior? 

I tried opening the file in FMP 13 and it works just fine, very snappy as before.

Are FMP 15 & 16 such memory hogs I actually need a hardware upgrade to run them?

This topic is 2265 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.