Sign in to follow this  
NetCov

Sub-summary totals need to breakout items

Good Morning,

I need help trying to create this report as I can not figure out the best method of doing this. Here is what I need the report to do. My report is a sorted list of technology assets by location name. In each sub summary I need to list the count of all different types of devices. The device types are a value list which has all the items such as “Desktop, Laptop, Firewall, Cellphone” in the list. How can I get the totals for each location of each of these devices to appear? 

Please see the image below for an idea of what I am talking about.

Thank you in advance for your help!

help_image.jpg

There are various ways to accomplish this but the one I use is something like this:   countTypes.fmp12.zip

Screen Shot 2018-02-14 at 9.08.17 AM.png

Essentially a related table based on your location then looping thru the record found set and counting up each known type - you will have to add columns for each type of count your need.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By eXcelisys
      Dogged by a Slow FileMaker Database?
      Cache in on this Quick Tip to Improve Layout Load Times & Report Generation
      By Joe Cellino, FileMaker Developer

Have you ever wondered, “What is taking this report so long to generate?” or “Why does this layout take so long to load?” It may be that your FileMaker fields are set up inefficiently. If you have unstored calculation or summary fields on your layout, this will most certainly be the issue. Just as the names indicate, “unstored” calculation fields and “summary” fields don’t store any data. They must calculate the data each time the field is displayed. It may be easier to use unstored calculations in order to get your database functionality working, but this will inhibit your system from scaling with your business in the long run. The good news is — you can improve FileMaker performance with this data caching trick. Read More - > https://excelisys.com/dogged-by-a-slow-filemaker-database-check-out-this-data-caching-tip/
    • By Richard Carlton
      Summer is over and our weekly FileMaker webinars are back! 

Our first one is this Thursday at 11am PDT, on “Relationships for Beginners”. 

Register Here: 
      https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/6892433068111504642 

We will spend 30 minutes covering a specific topic. Then the last 30 minutes will be an open Q&A on any topic.

Topic List:
      Sept 13th: Relationships for Beginners
      Sept 20th: Find Records, Date Ranges, and Special Operators
      Sept 27th: Conditional Formatting (Can I making something Red?)
      Oct 4th: Automation (Repetitive Tasks can become Scripts)
      Oct 11th: Reporting & SubSummaries
      Oct 18th: Merge Fields and Hiding Objects (Harry Potter Invisibility Cloak)
      Oct 25th: Sharing your FileMaker App with Co-Workers
      Nov 1st: Basic Concepts for Building Mobile Apps

All the best, 
      Richard Carlton 
      CEO & Video Trainer
    • By sal88
      Hi all
      Users are more frequently than ever requesting that custom reports be made. Up till now this has involved me creating layouts and scripts that can produce the data/reports in the form they want.
      I'm wondering if now it might be possible to let them take control of reporting in a way that is separate from the current database (which is heavy on GUI and disabling of features for ordinary users).
      I'm thinking of creating a totally new database which users would be able to completely edit from a design perspective, which would point to the main database as an external data source. However I would like it so that they would NOT be able to edit/create/delete those external records.
      I've had a play with it and can't seem to get it to work (we're using external authentication via windows server active directory).
      Is such a thing possible?
      Many thanks
    • By Jure
      Hi all!
      I'm stuck. Really stuck. I can't wrap my head around this problem. So here's the issue:
      I have 4 tables:
      Users
      Projects
      Earnings
      Hours
      A member logs hours worked into a project as line items. Earnings are also logged per project as line items with date and amount.
      Now I need a report that would show total earnings per user per month. I know I'm missing something but I don't know what.
      Please help! Thank you!
      Jure
      projects-earnings.fmp12
    • By Kilroy024
      I have a customer database and with a customer table and a service call table.  I am looking to create a report that would summarize total payment received in each month and a total for any given year with a grand total of every year.  Not sure how to set up the layout part for the Year and Month so that they will produce the desired result.
      Thank you for any assistance.
      Greg
  • Who Viewed the Topic

11 members have viewed this topic:
    David Allen  LaRetta  Peter Jambors  normanicus  Steve Martino  MikeKD  doughemi  NLR  Ocean West  Lee Smith  Ron Cates 

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.