Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Showing list of available dates

This topic is 2176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm working on a small job scheduling system for myself. When a work order comes in I assign a date to it manually. What's I'm trying to do is show a list somewhere on my layout of remaining available dates in that month. I'm not sure where to start with calculating that or displaying it.

Edited by OneStop

Well for instance let's say I have appointments scheduled for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th of May. May 5th through the 31st would show in a list like

5th

6th

7th

8th

9th

10th

etc..etc... and each time a new appointment was added that date would disappear from the list as it's "taken"

What I'm trying to do is create a "quick view" as it were of open available dates...

I watched the video and read through the thread but it doesn't seem applicable to my situation. I need to be able to create appointments sometimes 30-60 days out. So if I were to do a find for all appointments in say June....the list would only show the remaining available dates in June, etc..

You're saying 2 different things:

3 hours ago, OneStop said:

I have appointments scheduled for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th of May. May 5th through the 31st would show in a list...

and

7 minutes ago, OneStop said:

...I need to be able to create appointments sometimes 30-60 days out...

Well both statements are true. In the first example I stated that in my hypothetical solution the first 4 days of May (let's say) already have appointments assigned to them and therefore would be removed from the list. The list would show the 5th through the 31st as being available still.

In my second statement I made mention of the fact that my appointment system handles dates that are often outside of the current month. For example in June....

So what I'm trying to do is basically show a list of dates still available for appointment after doing a find for a given date range...

Example: I do a find for the 10th of May through the 8th of June....the list would only show me dates within that range that do not currently have any appointments...

So you saying...

5/1/2018
5/2/2018
5/3/2018
5/4/2018
5/5/2018
5/10/2018

are days already scheduled

and you want too get a list of dates that is 

5/6/2018
5/7/2018
5/8/2018
5/9/2018
5/11/2018
5/12/2018
5/31/2018

This to get your range of days of the month http://www.briandunning.com/cf/1509

and this to compare the two lists http://www.briandunning.com/cf/193 

This topic is 2176 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.