Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Export Global Field to Print Temp Path

This topic is 2067 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Can anybody help me and explain why I get the "Missing File - Error 100" when I walk through these script steps.

I use to stop after step 1, but I had to add some additional work so I created a separate layout off screen ... did what I needed to do, save the record as pdf, set my global field and I closed the window.

The refresh is not suppose to be there ... so I attempt to export my "Search PDF Container" field and I get the "fille missing" error.  What I can't export a global field ???

What is driving me nuts is I can opt into automatically open the file in step one, but the minute I close the window to finish the script the pdf goes behind the main layout 😞

So I am stuck with added the export field step but I get this stupid error "File Missing" yet I don't get the error opening the file if I opt into the option to "Automatically Open File" in step one ???? so what is going on ??

Any assistance I would be grateful.

203771234_ScreenShot2018-08-20at5_07_08PM.thumb.png.43586c54eff28ef5ff77c0464eaea8ce.png

In lines 1 and 2, you can't have spaces in a variable name.

Even if you could, you didn't set the variable "$ Set Temp Path" to a value.  Did you mean "Get(TemporaryPath)"?

doughemi,

Thank you ..

Oops!  That step was created ... I obviously forgot to screen shot that part ... sorry.

Please remember, script steps 58, 59, and 60 work and have worked for many, many, many years all I do is turn on the "Automaticaly Open File".  Not sure what you mean by spaces.  

But this time I have to turn off "Automatically Open File" I am on a different table and I'm closing my window off screen.  And when I do this the PDF that is created and open and is in front of the main layout goes to the back of the main layout which is what I don't want ... I'm stuck, so I'v attempting to insert my $Set Temp Folder" to a global Field, close my off screen window, then "Export Field Contents" but I get "File Missing" ? ? ? ?.

Normally I am on the table of record.  But on this event the customer is on the contacts table and they want to view thier customers invoice.  So again, usually I'm on the table of record and I just perform script steps 58, 59, and 60 and on script step 60 I select "Automatically Open File" and it always works, even to this day.  

But this time I have to navigate to the invoice table from my contacts table so I decided to goto my invoice table OFF screen, do my work ( meaning find the invoice ), save it to my $Set Temp Folder as I always do, but this time I have to insert the $Set Temp Folder to my globle field, since I can not open my temporary folder directly ? I set a global field with my $Set Temp Folder variable, then attempt opening the global field by exporting the field contents.  Why doesn't this work ?

Now this works if I've inserted the $Set Temp Folder into "a" record field, but why won't it work when I insert the $Set Temp Folder into a global field ? when I attempt to export the global field contents I get this error "File Missing" ? WHY ?

Please don't forget, on step 60, If I turn on "Automatically Open File" the pdf opens.  But for some reason it's not available in the global ? ? ? Why ? ? ?

439991755_ScreenShot2018-08-23at8_45_53AM.thumb.png.1b17a81de3292f5da563ab771974f01c.png

Edited by Mr. Ignoramus

I got it to work ... but I don't trust it ?? Can anybody explain why it worked ??

What I did was disble step 64 and added step 63 Got To Field ...

Now the global field is not on the layout, all I am doing in the script step is select "Select/Perform" and for some strange reason the global field opened in my pdf viewer, which is what I want.  

But how can this work ? ? ? Obviously it worked, but why did it not work in step 64 ? ? ? ? ? Can anybody provide some guidance here ? ?

173313770_ScreenShot2018-08-23at10_53_08AM.thumb.png.79606a4e732121937062a86c023af79a.png

It's not working ... I have to put the global on the layout, then the stupid pdf still end up behind my main layout after it opens ... ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

What is going on please ... why is step 64 erroring out with "File Missing" yet step 63 opens all buy it self ? ? ? ? ? ? that shouldn't even happen ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? 

All I am wanting is that the pdf stay in the front.  I have to close my off screen layout.  I only use it to navigate to the invoice table, find the invoice, then $Set My Temp Path variable.  

I then close my off screen layout.  I can not end my script with this window open off screen and I'm can not allow endless windows as my client views thier customer invoices.

This is insane, what is going ???

This topic is 2067 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.