Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FileMaker won't recognize plugin created with ScriptMaster 5.02

This topic is 2028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi, this is an odd one...

Only in two Windows 10 - 64-bit computers Filemaker won't see the installed plugin. I already copied by hand the are libraries and still no luck.

I've tried with FM16 and FM17. Same result.

We've deployed this plugin as part of an upgrade and it has been successful in at least 50 computers so far. Only these two are failing.

I've attached the plugin to see if you have the same result.

EikonsysOne_CFDi.fmx64

Hi Ibrahim,

I am not able to reproduce the issue in my Windows 10 environment. Like your other 50 machines the plugin shows up and enables without an issue. Have you tried all 3 locations that you can install plugin in to see if you get different results? On Windows 10 they are 

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro Advanced\<version>\Extensions

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\FileMaker\Extensions

C:\Program Files\FileMaker\<version>\Extensions

Are any other plugins installed on this machine? Are you sure that you are using the correct architecture of the plugin? I.E. 64-bit FileMaker needs to have .fmx64, 32-bit FileMaker needs to have .fmx . Do any other 360Works plugins show up?

Hi Ryan

Are any other plugins installed on this machine?

Yes: BaseElements (4.02) and xmCHART (4.03)

Are you sure that you are using the correct architecture of the plugin?

Yes: 64bits

Do any other 360Works plugins show up?

Have not tried that. Didn't occur to me :). Tomorrow I'll give it a try.

I'll try to place the plugin the the other folders to see if there is a difference.

Thanks!

Hi Ryan

I've made some progress...

When I copied the plugin to C:\Program Files\FileMaker\FileMaker Pro Advanced 17\Extensions and opened FileMaker, I got an error message saying that it could not open the following file:

C:\Users\<THEUSERNAME>\AppData\Local\360Works\Plug-ins\jre\jre.zip

I manually created the folder, downloaded the 1.8.X file and renamed it to jre.zip, however, though now I could see the plugin, I could not enable it.

It seems the problem has to do with FileMaker not being able to create folders or files. I've checked all folder security options and everything is enabled. With this same customer we had another issue: trying to save as PDF made FileMaker crash and the PDF had 0 bytes, so FileMaker never made it. I reinstalled FileMaker 17 and now he can create PDF's but the plugin problem remains.

Everything points to be a FileMaker problem rather than a problem with the plugin. However, the curious part is that it only happens with plugins created with Scriptmaster 5.0X. I placed a plugin created with 4.42 and worked fine but then Windows remained in the background with 0% CPU, you know...

I'm using FileMaker 17.0.2. Tomorrow I'll try with 17.0.1 and get back with results.

Best regards

Ibrahim

Hi Charlito

I still have three computers with problems on this area. On two of them I've tried everything that is on the manual but nothing works.

In the third computer I delete everything related to the plugin and it loads correctly, then works for a couple days and then again fails.

It seems that FileMaker is not able to write the related folders (C:\Users\<userName>\AppData\Local\360Works) and cannot therefore write the support files for the plugin. This only happens in Windows, with plugins created with ScriptMaster 5.0X. I had a plugin created with SM 4.42 and it works-ish. Plugins created with SM 4.42 for Windows (32 and 64 bits) make FileMaker remain in the background with 0% CPU use. you have to kill the process and restart FileMaker many times until it decides to properly startup. This bug was fixed in SM 5 but now we're having these issues.

I have to say that I've installed the plugin in more than 50 computers so far and only these two are refusing to work. It must be a combination of Windows setup with some sort of incompatibility with the plugin. I'm not a Windows expert so i don't know where to look for evidence or error logs that can lead me towards the solution of this problem.

Lucky me, the two computers with problems don't need to use the plugin so I disabled those script lines and they're working so far but I'd love to know what's going on.

This topic is 2028 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.