Server Maintenance This Week. ×

SCGetInfo cannot be null error with SuperContainer Companion Plugin?

This topic is 1479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Setup: FMS 18, FMPA 18 on Mac Catalina. 

While SuperContainer and the Companion plugin works just fine in general, I can reproduce an error where I create a record which triggers the attached error message: 

java.lang.illegalArgumentException: Argument for @notNull parameter 'folderPath' of com/prosc/supercontainer/plugin/SuperContainerPlugin.SCGetInfo must not be null

This is strange on several fronts:

- It's not triggered by the server - as another client machine here works just fine without ever triggering this error

- It seems to be a java Error, but the Window is labeled 'SuperContainer Companion Plugin Error'. 

- The plugin then actually works just fine, from what I can tell. 

I have spent weeks trying to mitigate this. I have re-installed Companion plugin several times; with the same result. Perhaps I am running an incompatible java version? But then again, as I understand the Filemaker plugins should use sandboxed java independent of my version I'm running on my machine. 

Is there any advice as to where I could try and look what is causing this? Like I said, on the same machine all Companion functions seem to work just fine, other than this error. 

Thank you!

Screen Shot 2020-01-04 at 5.04.42 AM.png

Thank you - Like I said, same exact setup on a different machine - no errors. 

I suspect it's likely something specific to my one machine where I get these errors. 

I was able to fix one of the errors that occurred by removing a freeze window - refresh windows - sequence from a script; but the other one still occurs somewhat regularly and I can't tell what the reason is. 

When you get your error, what scrip actions are you trying to trigger?

Hey DataCruncher,

This error happens when you pass in an empty value for the "folderPath" parameter for the function:

SCGetInfo ( folderPath )

Since you say this happens when you create records, my guess is that you have this function as an auto enter calc, and sometimes the field that is being passed into this function is empty when the calc fires, producing this error message.

If my assumption is correct, then there are two ways to resolve this.  My recommended approach would be to avoid calling the function at all, if the parameter would be empty.  So change your auto enter calc to something along the lines of:

If ( not IsEmpty ( folderPath ) ; SCGetInfo ( folderPath ) )

The second approach that could resolve this, is to suppress error dialogs from the plugin functions in your startup script, so even if errors happen, they will not spawn a dialog.  You can do this by calling this function in your startup script:

SCSetErrorCapture ( True )

I would recommend the first approach, as it is more efficient to avoid the call if possible.

• 2 months later...

This topic is 1479 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.