Server Maintenance This Week. ×

"Lock" window position...

This topic is 1537 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm pretty sure the answer is no, but is there a way to capture the position of a window so that I can do a script that will snap it back to its original position when a user moves it? 

As far as I know, there are no script triggers that can run when a window is moved, just changed (dimension, mode, etc.)

Good question... I have a window acting as a kind of launcher with buttons. It's only 100 pixels wide. Some of the buttons have popup windows that in turn open a card window that is much larger.  Since a new card window is based on the parent, I've done some convoluted math to make sure it appears on the screen near the main window. The problem is, if the user moves the main window, the card may end up off the screen with no way to interact with it. That's why I want to move the main window back to its original location if they move it.

I have set a script step that moves the main window when the card window is opened, but that doesn't prevent them from moving it after the card appears.

21 hours ago, vinnygi said:

I've done some convoluted math to make sure it appears on the screen near the main window. The problem is, if the user moves the main window, the card may end up off the screen with no way to interact with it.

Can't you use some more "convoluted math" to prevent this from happening?

Spawn a regular window off-screen. Pop the card window from that. Then the user can't move. It will need to be based on it's own file, or the user won't be able to do anything else with any window.

Generally, I'm not a fan of forcing things on the user, unless absolutely necessary. So you will need to consider if that's really necessary vs just having a floating window they can place where they want.

You may also need to do some dancing to make sure scripts don't inadvertently take over that launcher window. A separate file can go a long way in making that management easier.

• Thanks 1

This topic is 1537 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.