Hello,

I got two import script steps where 2nd one is activated when the 1st one fails but the problem is user should select the file twice.

Can I save the selected file path into a variable and use that path to import 2nd time. 

Thank for your reply.

You could ask the user to select a file using the Insert File script step (as reference, into a variable). Then use this variable as the file path for your imports.

Not sure why you posted this in the server section. Insert File is not supported in server-side scripts. Are you currently running the script on the server?

Sorry for posting it in wrong place.

I tried using Insert file and saved it to a variable. But while doing a import with the defined variable as file it pops an error saying that 'file could notbe found'.

Please can you explain this for me.

Thank you for your reply.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By tbcomputerguy
      I have an excel sheet that controls bills of ladings for a forestry company.  In the example you can see that there is lots going on with this Bill.  It has a payperiod, mill, truck that delivered it, etc.
      I would like setup a database to monitor this.  The fields CT1, CT2, Skid1, Skid2. PROC1, PROC2 are all contractor numbers.  There are 6 contactors.  The percentages in each line are the amount of the volume they performed  In the third line there is a value in CT1 only...they get 100% of the volume.  I can figure out most of this, but am stumped on how I can monitor when a contractor does multiple jobs..ie in line one, contractor 5, cuts and skids.  All 6 contractors could be involved in one BOL. Each one of these jobs, cutting, skidding and processing each has their own respective rate of pay as well.   I think i need a way to break down each line so that I can produce pay summaries for each of the contractors.  I had started this years ago, and thought I asked in a forum, but can't remember where.  Nonetheless, they stopped using multiple contractors per load...Now they have returned, so I am back at it.  So if this is a repost from years ago I apologize.  
      Thanks in Advance
      tbcomputerguy

• By dancer5678
      I am using Filemaker Server 18 on Windows Server 2012 R2
      Been using it for years with no issues
      Currently when I log in to the console it is very sluggish.
      When I get to the Dashboard it shows No databases, then it auto refreshes and the database list appears.
      Within 15 seconds of scrolling the database list to open files the screen refreshes. This situations is happening over and over in a loop.
      Any Thoughts on what is causing this issue?

• By stevaroni
      I get an error 3 when using a script to Export Records via WebDirect. Using FileMaker Server 18 and have tried both Safari and Chrome both with same results. I have tried using the temporary path, desktop path, and documents path. I have tried using with the automatically open and not. I have tried writing a tab delimited and comma delimited file. Does anyone have ideas I haven't yet tried?
    • By cheerfulzebra
      Hi All

I am hoping some one can help!
      I have a table called TPM, in that table is a field "Next Due Date" Which is auto generated by creating a new record. You input the date you did the service and then it adds 3 months to that date and that appears in the Next Due Date Field.. All working...

What I am trying to do is when the database loads it runs a script to see if there are any outstanding TPM Services to do...
      Here is the script
      Show Customer Dialog
      Message: If ( TPM::TPM Next Due Date < Get (CurrentDate ) ; "You have outstanding TPM services" ; "You have no outstanding services")
      I thought it would be that simple. So I created a TPM Due date Less that Current date and ran the script...."You have outstanding TPM Services"...GREAT! Then I deleted that record and ran the script again...""You have outstanding TPM Services" Oh!!! That isnt true!

PLEASE HELP I'M LOOSING THE WILL TO LIVE HERE!!!
    • By Kitesurfer
      Hi,
      Can someone please explain why Leftwords function is not properly working when importing an excell sheet.
      For example the name John Doe LeftWords ( Client ; 1 ) should show "John" only.
      When typing John Doe it works fine but not when importing ????
      Looking forward to a reply.
      Kind regards
      Rudy
  • Who Viewed the Topic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.