Check Boxes

This topic is 8212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Here's the problem

You can pick up to 10 restaurants from a preselected list of 40 restuarants and/or fill in your own from 10 tezt boxes. So you could select all 10 from the preselected ones, or select 5 preselected ones and fill in 5, or simply fill in all 10.

I have 40 checkbox fields (named chk1, chk2, chk3...) for the pre-selected ones and 10 text fields (named box1, box2, box3...)

I use Javascript to make sure no more than 10 are selected/entered from both sets.

I have a calculated field (rest10) that basically goes through each to see if the field isblank or not. If not, it adds Restaurant name otherwise it adds nothing.

The problem is if I go back to the web entry page (which shows you which ones your previously selected) and unselect any check boxes, they still show up in the calculated results. If I select a new checkbox, it is appended to the end of the calculated field.

So if I had previously selected A, B & C, the results look like

A, B, C

but if I go back and unselect A and select E, the results look like

A, B, C, E

Why is the previous calculated results not being over written after a new submission?

I agree with Garry. Try adding: <input type="hidden" Name="Your_Field" value="" size=30>. Place it right after the end of your checkbox code (or after the [/FMP-ValueList] if you are using a valuelist) laugh.gif" border="0

[ October 29, 2001: Message edited by: MeltDown ]

This topic is 8212 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.