Server Maintenance This Week. ×

WebDirect Window Too Small On Phone

This topic is 1251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to use WebDirect to serve phone-sized pages.

I created a new layout from the FileMaker templates. It's 320 pixels wide and 660 deep. But it comes out very small on my phone (see screen shot).

Set Zoom Level isn't a valid script step for WebDirect.

Can anyone suggest what I'm doing wrong or a workaround?

Many thanks. A client needs this soon. 

7082733F-ABAB-495B-BE6D-2E3FA04E041B.png

Edited by EasyWriter
Better info

If you're using WebD on Android then stick to Chrome (that's the only supported browser anyway). I'm not sure which browser you're running there but it don't look like Chrome.

Make sure "Desktop Site" in NOT checked on the top-right menu. That would give the exact result you are describing.

Incidentally, WebD works very well provided you allow it do so. I have an entire business management solution that runs all platforms and all devices.

I also use 320px wide, but only 480px height to accommodate older phones., but that's really a design decision that's over 4 years ago. Newer releases of FM Server have raised the bar for both iOS and Android platforms and a 320px wide phone that meets the specs is unlikely to be even available now.

Thank you deeply for your attempt to help.

I thought I understood your suggestion, but apparently I'm missing something.

When you say "make sure 'Desktop Site' is not checked on the top-right menu," I presume you're referring to a FileMaker menu while in Layout mode. (See attachment.)

As far as I can tell -- and to the best of my knowledge -- this draws a rectangle of the stated size to guide with layout design, but it's not really a design element that controls anything.

So you must be referring to something else. Or I'm misunderstanding how this setting works.

I appreciate further guidance. Sincerely.

Screen Shot 2020-11-17 at 2.11.46 PM.png

In your original post you mentioned “a client needs this soon”. Is your client also running v14?

If so, how do they propose to keep their system operational? v14 is now over 5 years old and is no longer supported.

59 minutes ago, bcooney said:

what's an annual event? FM updates? Not anymore.

The client's event is annual. Our database will be on a newer version of FM Server by November 2021, but I have 12 months to get them there.

This topic is 1251 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.