Server Maintenance This Week. ×

How to Intgrate a custom CHM File and ensure that my About box shows in Runtime Solutions?

Hi Again Everyone:

I've got a custom help file (*.chm) for windows that I would like to appear when the user clicks on a custom emu item.  Is that at all possible?  Also along the same line of questioning I've got a custom "About" layout that I'd like to have launch in the runtime app when the user clicks on Help > About.

Any ideas on how to do these things?

I don't have enough experience with custom menus to answer that part of your question.

To open a (non-Filemaker) file in its native application, you can use the Open URL script step. Note that the supplied path must be a URL path - typically in the form of file:///directory/filename.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, comment said:

I don't have enough experience with custom menus to answer that part of your question.

To open a (non-Filemaker) file in its native application, you can use the Open URL script step. Note that the supplied path must be a URL path - typically in the form of file:///directory/filename.

Thanks!  I’ll give this a shot

On 6/4/2023 at 9:31 PM, comment said:

That was it... That fixed me 🙂 at least as far is integrating my *.chm into it! 

I simply get the location of the executable (either the FileMaker runtime or the full FileMaker app) and prepend "file://" and then tack on "h360.chm" to the end (the url used to construct the path is: [code]"file://" & $$dblocation & "h360.chm"[/code]) where $$dblocation is a global variable set at startup to grab the above mentioned executable path) where $$dblocation returns as follows: /C:/Project/ thus that whole calculated URL would return "file:///C:/Project/h360.chm" which is exactly what the open URL script step needs!

againm I cannot thank you enough!