Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Search for Records not accessed

• Newbies

Our database is made up of different locations, towns, sites etc.  There are thousands of entries, each day different locations are updated with current information.  Is there anyway to do a search for all records that we haven't updated in say 6 months or a range of dates?  I'm looking for records that may have not been updated in a while.

Every table should have a field that has an auto-enter timestamp field that uses Get ( CurrentHostTimestamp )   this way if your users are adding records from outside your time zone all records will be based on the server's time zone.

You can then do a find on that field that < 7/14/2023   

• Newbies

Thanks for the help, unfortunately this doesn't give me accurate information for example the record has a "date modified" field.  I entered Find ...  <01/07/2023  but I'm still coming up with records that were modified after that date.  for example in August and December of that year. I'm in Australia so we do date/month/year.   When it didn't work I did a test that should give me no results.  For example I entered Find Mode in the "date modified" field and I entered 18/01/2024 which is tomorrows date, it should come up with no records, but it finds 1000.

Edited by leisa

3 hours ago, leisa said:

I entered Find ...  <01/07/2023  but I'm still coming up with records that were modified after that date.

3 hours ago, leisa said:

I entered Find Mode in the "date modified" field and I entered 18/01/2024 which is tomorrows date, it should come up with no records, but it finds 1000.

It might help to know the exact dates that were found in these attempts.

Are you sure the field is defined as a Date field?

• Newbies

Yes, they are the only date fields on each record.  There is a date modified field (image attached) and a date exported field.  Records are modified as information comes to hand, and I wanted to find all records that hadn't been modified in the last 6 to 12 months.  I've used the range fields .. and the less than < fields but none return any recogisable data that would give me what I need.  I'm using Find ... right clicking in the field to bring up operators then using one of the selections ie. < .. etc

date fields.jpg

Edited by leisa